Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Kia Soul and would like to fit a rear power socket. How do I remove the rear side boot/trunk panel for access without damaging it? Help appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right. The base model does not have a rear socket. I am going to fit one. There is an indent where it should go but I will have to drill. Just wondered if anyone had removed the panel before I start.
Thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
Pull out all your storage container if you have one and then remove the 3 plastic screws that go into the plastic covering the Hatch Latch. Once that's out there is a couple ways you can proceed. Remove the rear seat and then remove the entire panel. It's mostly clipped in. Or Pull back enough to get in there where you need but risk breaking the plastic. I would recommend removing the seats and belt method so it's easier to get in there and work.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
There is a member names aibopet that got the panel out without removing the seats. I used his post to get my panel out to put in an OEM subwoofer.

Sent from my NookColor using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I put one in my SX4, because the indent for the socket and the wiring and plug were right behind it. It was a five minute job and required no tools other than a pocket screwdriver to poke out the indent for the Socket.

I've not found such an indent in that area, on my 2013 Soul, base, AT.

Does Kia even sell the socket for the cargo area?

:cool:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I see two.... one oval and one round, but neither is pre-stamped for a 'knockout' or 'cutout'.

Now I'm wondering, if there is any wire, hot all the time, that would carry enough current for an accessory socket. :think

Personally, I think I'd wind up running two 10Ga wires from the battery, fused of course, all the way to the cargo area.
I have a great little 200+ Watt inverter I'd like to use, but I really don't want to plug it in to the Cigg. Lighter on the dash/console.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,163 Posts
I have the rear accessory plug standard on my model of Soul, but it only works when the key is turned on, would prefer it to be hot all the time, which when I had my Rondo was the case.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I see two.... one oval and one round, but neither is pre-stamped for a 'knockout' or 'cutout'.
There is no cutout or knockout panel per se. Its in the oval indent and would have to but cut out freehand as there isn't even a depression to go by. And sadly there is no wiring there if you do not have it from the factory. I have had my panel out and there is nothing back there. Here is a pic with the out in place.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
So, where do you get enough power for an accessory socket.
"from whence does it come?" :think

I see the power being the only problem, not the socket.

:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts