Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, unfortunately, my Soul did not have the rear cover when I bought it and I would like to get one. However, finding one on eBay has been rather elusive or I am not searching correctly. Anyone have a source for these and/or a part number?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'm not sure they make one for the 2014. There have been multiple threads posted here looking for them, none of them successful as far as I know.

It probably wouldn't be that hard to fabricate one out of something like 1/4 inch plywood.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,656 Posts
Wouldn't you have to buy the mounting hardware and screw it in? I was looking at the same issue. I figured, buy the mounting hard points and the cover and VOILA! you in bidness. After a little drill, screwdriver, and probably superglue work.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure they make one for the 2014. There have been multiple threads posted here looking for them, none of them successful as far as I know.

It probably wouldn't be that hard to fabricate one out of something like 1/4 inch plywood.
Thank you, I was not even aware of that. Probably why the difficulty in finding them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you talking about the one that is flush with the top of the rear seats? If so this should be it https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/pts/d/kia-soul-cargo-cover/6224404017.html

Mine was also not included and contemplating buying one or not for a year. They are hard to find but ebay has 1 if this the same as the craigslist one you are looking for.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...0.X85930+B2000.TRS5&_nkw=85930+B2000&_sacat=0
Yes! That is exactly what I am looking for. Now I just need to find one nearby. Thank you Trey. I know there is new and, from what I have heard, a pretty good salvage yard down somewhere in your area. It might be worth checking out and see if they have anything.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wouldn't you have to buy the mounting hardware and screw it in? I was looking at the same issue. I figured, buy the mounting hard points and the cover and VOILA! you in bidness. After a little drill, screwdriver, and probably superglue work.
All the mounting points and such are already there, it's just missing the shelf itself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I never have found a salvage in my area that had the 2nd gen souls to part out. I had to go to Dallas TX to get the parts I needed last year and the area seems to keep them in stock. I might go back down there when it cools down to pick up some more parts I need.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never have found a salvage in my area that had the 2nd gen souls to part out. I had to go to Dallas TX to get the parts I needed last year and the area seems to keep them in stock. I might go back down there when it cools down to pick up some more parts I need.
Well, that is a bummer. Though, it might make for a good road-trip. Though, I hate driving in Dallas.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I took mine out the day I bought my Soul. I keep my rear seats folded too since my rear passengers are my two dogs mainly. I think I've folded my seats up 5 times in 4500 miles for about 150 miles total. I did put my security cover back on one time, only because I didn't have time to vacuum the rear, only the front before I needed to haul people. It kept the wind out from behind the seat nicely.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If my car hadn't come with one, I wouldn't buy it--and this is coming from someone who immediately bought a spare tire, mud guards, and side door protectors. All Souls comes with tinted rear windows and rear hatch, correct? In that case, it's not needed. And, frankly, it's a pain in the butt. It doesn't rise automatically when the hatch opens, which means you have to flip it up manually when you are trying to load anything in there. And if you forget to flip it back down, you have zero rear visibility when you drive off. This car is so well designed and has so many thoughtful touches, but the rear cargo cover is not one of them. :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
2014 covers are easy to find overall. I have seen them on Craigslist and some car swap sites as well as ebay. I use mine all the time to keep things out of site.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2014 covers are easy to find overall. I have seen them on Craigslist and some car swap sites as well as ebay. I use mine all the time to keep things out of site.
I agree with tmport, but this is more or less what I was after, keeping things out of sight for when I travel. Kind of make it a little more difficult for the opportunist to decide whether it's worth it or not. Not that it would stop them if they decide to, but they may move on if they can't see anything.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,656 Posts
If my car hadn't come with one, I wouldn't buy it--and this is coming from someone who immediately bought a spare tire, mug guards, and side door protectors. All Souls comes with tinted rear windows and rear hatch, correct? In that case, it's not needed. And, frankly, it's a pain in the butt. It doesn't rise automatically when the hatch opens, which means you have to flip it up manually when you are trying to load anything in there. And if you forget to flip it back down, you have zero rear visibility when you drive off. This car is so well designed and has so many thoughtful touches, but the rear cargo cover is not one of them. :)
Just don't forget.

If you travel with a cat, that's an ideal watch spot for kitty to sit and observe the world receding as he zips down the road at 70.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
cargo cover on a Canadian model, but would presume it would be the same as the US models. You can see the side support is all part of the wall panel moulding and not a separate piece that can be easily added.

I don't have it on my Soul, but find its not that important to me, the space from the back seat to the rear hatch glass is so short and heavy dark tinted glass at the back and sides makes it very difficult to see anything in that area and also if its anything small and valuable there is always all the underfloor storage area to make use of it and then no one can see it.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,606 Posts
I agree it's pretty hard to see back there with the tinted windows & small viewing access. I keep a black towel in the underfloor space & toss it over anything extra valuable as needed (almost never).

·
Registered
488 Posts
cargo cover on a Canadian model, but would presume it would be the same as the US models. You can see the side support is all part of the wall panel moulding and not a separate piece that can be easily added.

I don't have it on my Soul, but find its not that important to me, the space from the back seat to the rear hatch glass is so short and heavy dark tinted glass at the back and sides makes it very difficult to see anything in that area and also if its anything small and valuable there is always all the underfloor storage area to make use of it and then no one can see it.
That looks just like the tray that came with the 2016 Plus--the hook on the front part loops over the pegs on the sidewall and the pegs on the tray snap into the indentations on the sidewall.

Do all Souls come with the pegs and indentations on the sidewall?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
That looks just like the tray that came with the 2016 Plus--the hook on the front part loops over the pegs on the sidewall and the pegs on the tray snap into the indentations on the sidewall.

Do all Souls come with the pegs and indentations on the sidewall?
No

1 - 20 of 29 Posts