Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the large circle thing? I want to drill a hole in the center to install a switch for some custom trunk lights and to be able to switch the lights on and off. Couldn't find anything online.

Thanks I'm advance

Attachments

·
Registered
✴️BING✴️ Toast's ready, pass the butter!
1,091 Posts
Anyone know how to remove the large circle thing? I want to drill a hole in the center to install a switch for some custom trunk lights and to be able to switch the lights on and off. Couldn't find anything online.

Thanks I'm advance
Maybe this diagram will help?
You'll want to buy a plastic fastener removal tool and you can find a set on Amazon for around $10. I'm sure any auto parts store will sell them also.
Kia Soul: Trunk Trim - Body (Interior and Exterior)

Reactions: Big_Mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I have to remove the whole trim piece and not just the circle piece

Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
✴️BING✴️ Toast's ready, pass the butter!
1,091 Posts
And the back seat, if I'm reading that page correctly. Sorry. 😕

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the back seat, if I'm reading that page correctly. Sorry. 😕
Looks like I'll just relocate the switch, even though that place was the perfect location.

Or get a different style switch. Thank you for the help.

Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
198 Posts
Here is a thread where the poster discusses removing the cargo trim panels. Rear seats: says to remove rear seat cushion but the rear seat back rests can stay in place.

I've removed and reinstalled my entire rear seat before and I found removing/installing the seat cushion part was fairly easy. The seat cushion sits directly over top the gas tank.

Remove trunk trim panels....PHOTOS

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a thread where the poster discusses removing the cargo trim panels. Rear seats: says to remove rear seat cushion but the rear seat back rests can stay in place.

I've removed and reinstalled my entire rear seat before and I found removing/installing the seat cushion part was fairly easy. The seat cushion sits directly over top the gas tank.

Remove trunk trim panels....PHOTOS
I actually came across this post in the past, but totally forgot about it. I might just drill a hole where I don't have to remove the whole trim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts