1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I went with the black one(my Soul is black) and I'll be installing it later today from the looks of it. My dogs get in threw the lift gate and the black one should give them better grip besides the added paint protection.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,160 Posts
would want more protection than that for a dog that gets in on his own through the hatch - it just doesn't cover enough area.

I would probably use the black one of the two types, also my rear bumper is black too.

My dealer gave me this Kia accessory for free when I bought my Soul, and its also used on sedan to hook over the trunk lip to protect the paint when loading stuff.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the black one(my Soul is black) and I'll be installing it later today from the looks of it. My dogs get in threw the lift gate and the black one should give them better grip besides the added paint protection.
Hope the install goes smoothly. Please report back on how easy the install was - maybe a few pics and install instructions so I know what I'm in for if I choose to get it.

I'm still 50/50 on the black ones and the way it contrasts with the white.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Mine is the Clear one... GOOD... BUT I got a nick right down to Black Plactic, needing a Silver touch up pen that matches my SOUL...<:-((... (See Yellow Dot)

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
When I had the front done with expel clear-guard I had the installer do the back bumper, he did it in one piece which also covers the indent for the latch.

Pat.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,160 Posts
That must be a Canadian part only. I haven't been able to source it here in the states. I guess my search goes on.
Canadian and US accessories are generally not the same number as they are usual sourced from companies within that country, e.g. Formfit (one of the sponsors on this site makes the hood guard and side windows visors) who is located in Calgary supplying those items to all Canadian KIA dealers under agreement to Kia Canada.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Canadian and US accessories are generally not the same number as they are usual sourced from companies within that country, e.g. Formfit (one of the sponsors on this site makes the hood guard and side windows visors) who is located in Calgary supplying those items to all Canadian KIA dealers under agreement to Kia Canada.
That's why I'm hoping to find the supplier or a source somehow. My Soul came with the factory Kia rear cargo liner/protector, I might just replace it with the Weathertech one which comes with a roll out bumper guard/protector. I'm hoping to find something I can use first though.

I have a Formfit Canadian Kia hood protector that I ordered directly from them that I need to install. It's a nice piece, I just received it a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Mine is the Clear one... GOOD... BUT I got a nick right down to Black Plactic, needing a Silver touch up pen that matches my SOUL...<:-((... (See Yellow Dot)
Any pics of the clear one installed in your ride? It's held up well overall? Any of it peeling up? How long have you had it installed?

Would've been nice for it to extended down and through the handle indent area, but I suppose it would've been more difficult to apply.

Kinda odd Kia didn't offer a hard plastic molded bumper protector for the 2nd gens.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Any pics of the clear one installed in your ride? It's held up well overall? Any of it peeling up? How long have you had it installed?

Would've been nice for it to extended down and through the handle indent area, but I suppose it would've been more difficult to apply.

Kinda odd Kia didn't offer a hard plastic molded bumper protector for the 2nd gens.
My OEM Clear one is 3 years old, and is in Perfect Clear Condition. It is Totally Invisible. you can hardly see the edge line from a couple of feet away...
Note: I didn't want to Muck-Up the rear end of my SOUL with a Black one because of the Silver Color... I didn't want to mess up the ~ The-Look-Of-MY-SOUL's "AWESOME" Looking Rear End ~ <:))

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My OEM Clear one is 3 years old, and is in Perfect Clear Condition. It is Totally Invisible. you can hardly see the edge line from a couple of feet away...
Note: I didn't want to Muck-Up the rear end of my SOUL with a Black one because of the Silver Color... I didn't want to mess up the ~ The-Look-Of-MY-SOUL's "AWESOME" Looking Rear End ~ <:))

Thanks for the info. Your soul is looking nice!

I was having the same thought about "mucking up" the back of the Soul with the black, so I decided to purchase the clear ones. Got them for a good deal for $32.50 shipped off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GK5ZUQS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Thanks for the info. Your soul is looking nice!

I was having the same thought about "mucking up" the back of the Soul with the black, so I decided to purchase the clear ones. Got them for a good deal for $32.50 shipped off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GK5ZUQS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sweet deal.

I still haven't installed mine yet, my back and neck have been acting up so I've been taking a bunch of pain pills. I don't like doing projects when I feel like that and have taken my meds. Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow since I've been feeling somewhat better tonight. I'll have to wait and see how I feel then.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet deal.

I still haven't installed mine yet, my back and neck have been acting up so I've been taking a bunch of pain pills. I don't like doing projects when I feel like that and have taken my meds. Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow since I've been feeling somewhat better tonight. I'll have to wait and see how I feel then.
Sorry to hear about your physical ailments. Is it related to the eBay spoiler install?

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Sorry to hear about your physical ailments. Is it related to the eBay spoiler install?
It's related to the 4 level neck fusion, the 3 level lumbar to pelvis fusion and the fact that every other disk is degenerated or bulging.
The arthritis doesn't help much either. The neck pain causes headaches that turn into migraines due to my brain tumor also.

My body is big time thrashed. I've been dealing with this for years and almost anything I do makes it worse.

But such is life... As long as I keep seeing the grass from the right side it's basically a good day.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Well I installed the bumper applique last night and it was easy. The instructions and template are great. I just rolled around on an office chair for the install and that worked out great. About the only issue I had was I used too much slip spray so I had to wait some for the adhesive to reactivate towards the end which wasn't a big deal. It turned out perfect.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I installed the bumper applique last night and it was easy. The instructions and template are great. I just rolled around on an office chair for the install and that worked out great. About the only issue I had was I used too much slip spray so I had to wait some for the adhesive to reactivate towards the end which wasn't a big deal. It turned out perfect.
Sweet! Was it a relatively forgiving process? Or is one and done?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts