Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016, but much prefer the look of the rear bumper cover on the 2017-2018s: the two-tone black is longer and makes the car look wider/better from rear view. Is it possible to swap entire rear bumper cover - the lower piece itself definitely looks different, with different bolt pattern, but the upper piece/combo appears identical...
Can anybody confirm?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Red looks like one of the designer series in which case there are some things that are different from the base, + and ! models. From the looks of it I would say no but I ain't for sure. But there is always plasti-dip, or whatever, and paint.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah the red one is a special edition, however the rear lower bumper cover I circled is universally the same size on the 2017-2019 models; it changed size and shape compared to the 2014-2016 models, but the upper bumper cover housing appears to be the exact same size. So my thought is to purchase the entire upper and lower piece and swap: just wanted to know the fit would be the same/same bolt patten...
I might just have to be the first to try it. It’s on my future queue to-do list, but mainly curious if anyone else had attempted yet.

I don’t want to plasti-dip as I want to keep it looking OEM; besides, the entire size and shape of that lower panel is completely different on the newer models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016, but much prefer the look of the rear bumper cover on the 2017-2018s: the two-tone black is longer and makes the car look wider/better from rear view. Is it possible to swap entire rear bumper cover - the lower piece itself definitely looks different, with different bolt pattern, but the upper piece/combo appears identical...
Can anybody confirm?
Did you ever get to swap the 2016 bumper with the 2017-18? I would like to do the same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts