Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep on forgetting to make a thread about this. It seems to happen every so often when the car is turned on, I get inconsistent startup times for the rear backup camera/infotainment response time. When the car is turned on, that warning screen always appears on the infotainment screen and you have to press the confirm button. Sometimes that screen stays frozen. You click the "confirm" button and it just hangs there for seconds. Other times you get to the actual GPS navigation screen and you move the car into reverse and the backup camera doesn't come on the screen for seconds (upwards of like 8 seconds). Other times I've backed up with the camera's video being displayed on the infotainment screen but then when I switch from reverse to drive the rear backup camera video is stuck on the screen for upwards of 8+ seconds. The buttons on the car don't do anything as it stays frozen on the backup video.

I've seen this happen now many times. I've had the car now for almost a year and I've witnessed this dozens of times. Sometimes the delay is so small that it really doesn't matter but it really sucks when you move the car into reverse and the video refuses to come onto the infotainment screen for like 8 seconds. I honestly don't know how people can reverse this car without the backup camera. I feel naked when it doesn't kick on. It's really difficult to backup on a decline. You can't see the ground when looking out the back . When going down a decline (my driveway) I have no idea where my car is situated because I literally can't see any of the driveway. It's like reversing blindly. I need that backup camera working properly. Any tips? Anyone else have this problem consistently?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I keep on forgetting to make a thread about this. It seems to happen every so often when the car is turned on, I get inconsistent startup times for the rear backup camera/infotainment response time. When the car is turned on, that warning screen always appears on the infotainment screen and you have to press the confirm button. Sometimes that screen stays frozen. You click the "confirm" button and it just hangs there for seconds. Other times you get to the actual GPS navigation screen and you move the car into reverse and the backup camera doesn't come on the screen for seconds (upwards of like 8 seconds). Other times I've backed up with the camera's video being displayed on the infotainment screen but then when I switch from reverse to drive the rear backup camera video is stuck on the screen for upwards of 8+ seconds. The buttons on the car don't do anything as it stays frozen on the backup video.

I've seen this happen now many times. I've had the car now for almost a year and I've witnessed this dozens of times. Sometimes the delay is so small that it really doesn't matter but it really sucks when you move the car into reverse and the video refuses to come onto the infotainment screen for like 8 seconds. I honestly don't know how people can reverse this car without the backup camera. I feel naked when it doesn't kick on. It's really difficult to backup on a decline. You can't see the ground when looking out the back . When going down a decline (my driveway) I have no idea where my car is situated because I literally can't see any of the driveway. It's like reversing blindly. I need that backup camera working properly. Any tips? Anyone else have this problem consistently?
Are you still within warranty? Show it to the dealer.

I have happen some of what you describe, not as many things and not often. Yes, sometimes when I first start the car, even after the confirmation screen goes away either by my hitting the button or just waiting, going into reverse results in somewhere around an 8 second wait to see the camera. It is not often but it has happened.
Slightly more often but still not often, even after driving for awhile if I go into reverse there is a small delay, exactly as you say that really doesn't matter. Most times the camera comes on right away.

I believe one time the camera stayed on the screen after going out of reverse. I had to turn off the system and turn it back on again

·
Registered
840 Posts
Occasionally the backup camera lags for me as well, but it hasn't happened enough for me to determine the set of circumstances.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts