Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm in a market for a new vehicle and really like the Soul. I finally drove one the other day and am ready to buy one. I've emailed Demontrond Kia in Houston about one in particular. It's a Shadow Sport with the only option being the Sunroof. Window sticker is $19590. The dealer has added window tint (looks great) for $299. Total sticker $19899. Here is what I got back from the dealer:

MSRP: 19590.00
Dealer Discount: -900.00
Selling Price: 18690.00
Sales Tax: 1168.13
Luxury Tax(?): 44.31
License & Filing Fees: 139.05
Documentary Fee: 100.00

Total Due: 20,141.69

Don't see any mention of the tint on here, so I guess they're going to throw it in...or maybe that's what the luxury tax is?

Anyways, what do y'all think???

·
Registered
16 Posts
I looked at 5 dealerships before I bought my Soul Ghost. I found that they all had a Kia sticker price and a dealer sticker price that was anywhere from a few hundred to a couple of thounsand dollars additional. However, when negotiating the price they all started from the Kia price as if their additional stuff price didn't exist - although "their" stuff did. (such as tinted windows). Kind of strange. I got about 2,000 off the Kia price. My dealer was Bob King Kia in Winston'Salem and they were superb.

btw - I negotiated an out the door price - car, tag, title, dealer fees, tax - didn't want any suprises after the deal was set (had that experience elsewhere and walked out)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think Sport's only option is the sunroof/foggies package.

So far never seen a Sport WITHOUT both of these.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Interesting, the Soul brochure I got 2 days ago at the KIA dealership has the sunroof listed as standard equipment....very interesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts