Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

Winter is always dreary in the sense that I don't LOVE my car in the Winter (any car, not just my Soul). But I want to fall in lurv with it again. It gets pretty grimy on wet/snowy days, so I gave it a good wash this weekend. It's dirty again, so I'll just wait it out and go for my annual MAJOR SPRING CLEANING in early April. I love getting it detailed.

But for now, I need some tricks. Should I buy new mats? Clean the interior myself tonight? Get some fuzzy dice for the rearview?

I need some inspiration!

·
Registered
597 Posts
An awesome steering wheel cover is always a great jumping off point. If you do get one, you may have to try a few till ya find one that fits properly. I know I did. Ha ha

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Giant, hi. I've never been good with steering wheel covers. My hands are small -- not creepy-small, just small female small, and I find the steering wheel provides more than enough to grasp on to.

I'd love to get cute seat covers, but I've read it's not recommended with heated seats.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Sod the car, get some logs on the fire, stoke it up good, and settle down in front of it with a good book, a glass of wine and something to nibble on (insert rude Tempest comment of your choice here).... leave the car love till its warmer outside.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lets see.. I used a baby wipe and got the grunge out of the center console last weekend.. man, like a new car now! Also wiped out the little pouch that forms in the leather shifter boot. Those things are great for collecting my toast crumbs from the morning drive. I do know what you mean about a winter-grimy car.. I was noticing the door seal marks on the paint the other day.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Detail out the interior; nothing like some Armor-All on the dash and cleaning out the cupholders to make you feel more in touch with your car again!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Milkshake I thought you lived in Toronto. Why don't you just join us and we can take you there to pick them up. That way you can go for a drive with us as well.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
And before any smart a$$ can reply to that I better clarify that I mean Strip the wax off the car! (temptest, marc)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I can't believe Marc and Tempest didn't mention the Soul Tweaks headrest covers and cushions that Marc just got! He must be hoarding the idea. If you have winter tires on the Soul, I had loads of fun up north of the city tonight on some snow and ice covered back roads. I really gave my winter tires a good test run since we haven't really seen any snow in the city. I try not to let the winter interfere with car cleaning!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts