Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had had my 2015 Kia Soul base (with UVO/ e services ) for about a week now and notice that when I connect my iPhone 6 s plus to the USB with a cable to play music it displays a message on my Kia radio screen and loading spiral on that says “ reading media may take several minutes”

Which it does take about 3-4 minutes before it will actually play music, just curious if this is normal for my make and model , and if not does anyone have any idea or help why this may be?

Thank you ?

I have a photo of it but can’t post it with my number of posts yet.

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
666 Posts
I don't know, but it's probably going to be related to how much data your phone has in it, the radio wants to examine it all before being ready. (If I'm right, if you have nothing but one album on your phone, it should complete pretty fast.)

With a USB stick, if you leave it plugged in, there's no delay after the first time. But I guess you can't do that with a phone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
In my 2015 Soul ! when I plug in my Android phone with 17GBs of music it takes less than a minute. I do have a fairly fast SD card in my phone though.

Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC Evo Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME64GA/AM); Up to 100MB/s & 60MB/s read & write speeds respectively; Class 10 UHS 3

I can see if the read speed on your SD card is slow and you have a lot of files, it could take a few minutes.

The SD card I have is only $11 on Amazon for 64GBs

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm thanks I do have a lot of music and photos on my phone. Maybe that’s why

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks flowersinameadow, but unfortunately iPhone doesn’t have a sd card, and I’m not sure how to find out how fast my phone is. It’s a couple years old though.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Dealer said usb works fine when they tried it out. They suggested I use an app to steam Bluetooth which I have already done I just prefer usb because it shows more info. I may have to try buying a new usb cord to see if it makes any difference...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Thanks flowersinameadow, but unfortunately iPhone doesn’t have a sd card, and I’m not sure how to find out how fast my phone is. It’s a couple years old though.

Thanks
OMG, it's totally obsolete, a true antique. LOL.
J/K. I just got a new android 8.0 phone and handed down my 4.5 yo android 4.4 phone.
If it works for me, I keep it. :apple:

·
Registered
2015 Soul !
47 Posts
I have the same experience with my iPhone 5s on a 2015 Soul !. All works fine, but I find the entire system slow compared to other cars, especially the voice command.

·
Registered
545 Posts
What about streaming the music over Bluetooth using whatever iPhone media player you have while keeping the phone charging on a car charger??

That's how I go with my Android phone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What about streaming the music over Bluetooth using whatever iPhone media player you have while keeping the phone charging on a car charger??

That's how I go with my Android phone.

Bluetooth works great, but I am being a bit picky about it because my previous car played instantly with usb and with that the album art and artist info displays, unless I’m missing a way for Bluetooth to have that? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Bluetooth works great, but I am being a bit picky about it because my previous car played instantly with usb and with that the album art and artist info displays, unless I’m missing a way for Bluetooth to have that? Hmmmm...
For Bluetooth streaming, on my headunit (base UVO, nonNAV) only Bluetooth device name and track title are displayed. Cover art, artist and track are displayed in the player on the phone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts