Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A co-worker of mine did cash for clunkers and bought a 2009 Kia Rio. Well last week he said Kia called him directly and said some dealerships messed up with the clunker value and the dealership he used was one of them. They said the dealership owed him $200.

Sure enough he went to the dealership and all he had to do was sign a couple forms and they wrote him a $200 check on the spot.

I used the same dealership so I'm going to have to call and see if they owe me. When I turned my car in, they only gave me a $25 clunker credit which is what they gave my co-worker also.

I've disconnected my home phone since then so most likely they tried calling me as well but never got through (I use a cell phone as a home phone now).

Tomorrow I'm going to my dealership to see if they owe me $200. Anyone who used cash for clunkers should do the same. Or at least call your dealership or Kia directly to ask.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Owed $$ for what? Its not like they would just give it away.
by law they need to give us whatever the junkyard pays them for the car. when I bought my Kia Soul, their policy was every cash for clunker deal they gave a standard $25. I kind of bitched about it then and the finance guy said there was nothing he could do about it.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
i know kelly blue book was saying my 91 4runner was still worth anywhere from 900 (poor condition) to 2k (good condition) but dealer gave nada for it and i did say something but was told they had to pay to get car taken away - so how would you deal with that one??

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know kelly blue book was saying my 91 4runner was still worth anywhere from 900 (poor condition) to 2k (good condition) but dealer gave nada for it and i did say something but was told they had to pay to get car taken away - so how would you deal with that one??
kelly blue book wouldn't be valid for cash for clunkers. they go by if the car is functional. if you used cash for clunkers, then they blew up the engine thus the car is considered scrap.

but the dealership my co-worker used paid to have the car towed away and he still got the $200 check. so I'm thinking the $200 was on top of the fee to tow it away.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ thanks...i will have to look into this and maybe try to find out what yard they used and find out what they paid dealer for my car...

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,014 Posts
I made my deal to pay $14,000 out the door for mine. So the dealer gets to keep any money off of mine.

[offtopic]My local breakers yard is selling engine parts off of the C4C cars it took in.[/offtopic]

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I went to the dealership today and asked about it. It turns out my car was not on the list to get more money back. Looks like the junk yard really did pay the dealership $25 for my car.

most likely it's because I did the sale the first weekend of cash for clunkers and my co-worker bought his car a couple weeks later. maybe they changed their buy prices then. Who knows.

oh well

They did say they had a stack of checks to give to people tho. My name just wasn't on that list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts