Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that my quest for a Sport with no sunroof has been advanced to the Kia National office, I'm preparing myself to have to settle for a + instead...

For those who have already done it, or have done it on other cars, what does re-upholstering usually cost?

I've been toying with the idea of having them put a back massager and heat in but I'd like a good idea on general costs first.

SJ

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have had custom leather done to my protege 5 , and the dealer charged me 1400, but they farmed it out through this place. http://www.nwautoleather.com/ and i e-mailed them for my 2007 Subaru outback and they said 680 for front and rear seats full leather, two tone.
they would need a seat pattern for the soul but I'd bet they would do it and its awesome quality. plus seat heaters are around 80 bucks a seat depending on hte type of controls etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a quote from a local dealer: heated seats installed in the front AND replacing front and back seats with leather (no vinyl or cloth additions) - $1200 on a Soul!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just got a quote from a local dealer: heated seats installed in the front AND replacing front and back seats with leather (no vinyl or cloth additions) - $1200 on a Soul!
You can absolutely find cheaper places if you look without using a dealer. Dealers will mark-up price quotes to get a kick back from the shop in many cases. Go directly to the shop, and you should realize a 20% or more decrease in price.

I know locally in Cincinnati, my prices can change almost 50% just by dealing directly with a custom shop.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm definitely thinking cloth rather than leather.. I tend to toss a lot of things in the car and we go camping a lot..

There's a place here in Columbus not far from work.. I'll drop them an email...

·
Registered
445 Posts
...I know locally in Cincinnati...QUOTE]

I'm in Cincy, too. I need to pay off another vehicle first, but I expect to get an Exclaim late summer/early fall. With only 3 dealers in the (immediate) area and hints that the 5 speed is tough to find, I'm curious: did you have any trouble finding what you wanted? Did you pay sticker or are they willing to deal a bit (if I'm not being too nosey)? What was your experience with the dealers and who did you go with?

I've had an email from one dealer, but it was so generic and childlike in appearance that I was not impressed with thier writing ability or thier unwillingness to answer the original question. The follow-up phone call was more productive though.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Cincy, too. I need to pay off another vehicle first, but I expect to get an Exclaim late summer/early fall. With only 3 dealers in the (immediate) area and hints that the 5 speed is tough to find, I'm curious: did you have any trouble finding what you wanted? Did you pay sticker or are they willing to deal a bit (if I'm not being too nosey)? What was your experience with the dealers and who did you go with?

I've had an email from one dealer, but it was so generic and childlike in appearance that I was not impressed with thier writing ability or thier unwillingness to answer the original question. The follow-up phone call was more productive though.

Thanks for the input.

I've heard good things about Wyler Kia and my phone call with them was really enjoyable. I'm dealing with Crown Kia in Columbus and they have a special going of $250 below invoice.. so if you stay local in Cincy, use that to your advantage.. I've also been dealing with Taylor Kia in Toledo. they are on the boards here and their internet guy 'Griz' is really great.. plus they never have a shortage of manual transmission Souls.. if the local dealers give you the run around on a manual, talk to Taylor Kia.. but I have not seen any shortage of manual transmissions in Ohio so far...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow, $250 below is pretty good. Combine that with the promo interest rates and this gets even better. My call with Wyler was positive also, thier internet sales guy is Sargent but i can't remember his first name off hand. I never really thought about shopping out of town, but a drive home from Toledo in a new car would be quite a "Get to know me!" kind of trip, and probably about the last highway miles it would get for years!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've heard good things about Wyler Kia and my phone call with them was really enjoyable. I'm dealing with Crown Kia in Columbus and they have a special going of $250 below invoice.. so if you stay local in Cincy, use that to your advantage.. I've also been dealing with Taylor Kia in Toledo. they are on the boards here and their internet guy 'Griz' is really great.. plus they never have a shortage of manual transmission Souls.. if the local dealers give you the run around on a manual, talk to Taylor Kia.. but I have not seen any shortage of manual transmissions in Ohio so far...
I'm in Toledo, I first went to taylor, but ended up at Ann Arbor kia. I did the internet quote thing and Ann Arbor beat Taylor. Taylor wouldn't even match the price. I got a Dune Exclaim in 5 spd. The Ann Arbor dealer traded it with another dealer, cost me an extre 200, my next choice was java. Let me know if you want the FULL story behind it all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts