Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 Soul with only a little over 1k miles. I noticed occasionally when I went over a speed hump that I heard a rattling noise in the front. Now I hear this rattling noise intermediately when I am driving on a road that is not completely smooth. It seems to be happening more often now. I recorded the sound the best I can in the link because it doesn't last long. I can't pinpoint where in the front of the car this noise is coming from. I made sure the hood of the car is not loose. Any ideas? Link to the noise is below (ingore the light sound of my keys jingling).

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX - Undercover Green
37 Posts
I wonder if some of the plastic cladding underneath might not have been tightened or are missing some clips. Have you tried looking under the car and pushing on the plastic under-guard to see if anything is loose? Little things happen like that that somehow make it through pre-purchase inspections. When I got mine, there was a screw missing from the plastic panel underneath the steering wheel and the dealership put one in for me.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I've not had that on my Gen-3, But, on my Gen-1 Soul, I had a constant "Bump, Bump, Bump" as I was driving down my dirt (sand) road. I went to the dealer and they sent me out with a mechanic (driving) to see if he could duplicate the problem, but he refused to take the car off of paved city streets, so he never heard the sounds.
I eventually found it myself and fixed it myself. I wrote it up in the Gen-1 forum.
The front end of the Soul is not one big piece, but it's made up of sections, held together with 'Push Pins'. They are not real tight, but allow the panels to move, as much as 1/4". I sealed up those gaps in the panels with Black RTV.
Asphalt Road surface Font Road Concrete
The problem!

Automotive tire Water Grey Liquid Wood
My Fix for the problem....Black RTV, in the gap
between the plastic panels. No more thumps, bumps or rattles.

Something is loose in the front of your car. You just need to find it, and fix it. Kick it, bounce it, or shake it, to find out what rattles. Get some help if you need to.
I'm just sorry I can't be there to help you.

Cheers Mate!
FLH :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts