Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hearing a strange creaking noise almost like someone opening and closing a door repeatedly
What makes this event strange is it seems to go with the speed of vehicle but usually starts with the press of a brake sometime only when using breaks sometimes all the time
Every time I try to show to someone or try to have a mechanic look at it the noise doesn’t happen
As u can tell it doesn’t happen all the time it seems to happen more often in cold weather or wet weather
Y’all have helped me countless times before it really seems

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,476 Posts
What ya'll drivin' sev?

Sometimes weird creaks related to chassis can be those big springs under the back. You can put some type of grease on them (white lithium spray or tube). There's also a chance something is loose along the exhaust system, like a clamp or hanger, that allows the muffler or tailpipe to knock against the frame. Very annoying.

But if it sounds like somebody is closing & opening a door, you may need to consult a medium :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
please fill out your drive profile so we know what you are driving and while doing that also fill out your location. It all helps when we can put your comments in context.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2010 Kia Soul sport located in Dayton Ohio
Noticed today even when making noise while not braking the noise is definitely noticeably louder when applying breaks

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
2010 Kia Soul sport located in Dayton Ohio
Noticed today even when making noise while not braking the noise is definitely noticeably louder when applying breaks
thanks, now put those details in the drive and location area of your settings/edit profile so it shows up on the left side every time you post something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts