Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I like it ! looks rugged , like how you extended the mudflaps with the after market units , really like the front plate on the side , I put mine over there yesterday ! the tail looks tight ! Great work .

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I did something similar with my mudflaps as I found the OEM's didn't do much of a job.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The best color. I like the way yours looks, too.

I have been on the search for a 2010 front bumper license plate delete grille insert, but your method might be just as easy and simple.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am really interested in the skirting you did there. I've seen some stuff that looks like that on eBay. Is that the stuff you used? I've always hated the exposed pinch welds on the side skirts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tylercombs12, thanks for joining us! You did a great job - I really like the look of Kia with your mods. Good luck with future upgrades and keep us posted!
thanks, i should of joined a while ago haha i was just lazy. but will keep the mods updated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am really interested in the skirting you did there. I've seen some stuff that looks like that on eBay. Is that the stuff you used? I've always hated the exposed pinch welds on the side skirts.
honestly i saw all that ez lip stuff and it is alot cheaper to make it yourself with garage door bottom or seal and some strong 3m double sided tape, been there for almost two years no problems

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The best color. I like the way yours looks, too.

I have been on the search for a 2010 front bumper license plate delete grille insert, but your method might be just as easy and simple.
yea ive told a few 2010 owners about the method i took and i havent seen any of them try it

·
Registered
363 Posts
honestly i saw all that ez lip stuff and it is alot cheaper to make it yourself with garage door bottom or seal and some strong 3m double sided tape, been there for almost two years no problems
Smart..

yea ive told a few 2010 owners about the method i took and i havent seen any of them try it
Do you have photos of the steps you took to cut it out?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks, I actually have a 2013 as well. Can I get a few up close pictures of it done so I can see how you finished the cuts? I think I'll me doing it to mine tomorrow plus buying and adding the lip with garage door sealer ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, I actually have a 2013 as well. Can I get a few up close pictures of it done so I can see how you finished the cuts? I think I'll me doing it to mine tomorrow plus buying and adding the lip with garage door sealer ;)
sure i will tomorrow its already to dark and once you get grill out its easy to see what needs to be done, but there is the two little pieces in the center that attatch to it aswell and i cut those as close the to top or you could cut them out to(may look funny), but good luck and i put that lip stuff all around except for the back, but if try the back let me know how it looks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts