Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
this has been covered dozens of times, just scroll down and check out many of the similar threads.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the AVS in-channel on mine. They're decent, but aren't without flaws. Wind noise isn't terrible, but installation is a bit of a pain, and I ended up with two of them where the 2-sided tape is visible. There have been reports of them not holding up well over time, as the tape starts to let go from inside the channel. I'd think any decent external visors would work fine. It's much easier to properly prep an external surface for tape mounting than inside a rubber channel.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I recently received the SAF brand ordered via Amazon. These were the cheapest I could find and are made in South Korea. While I haven't installed them yet, I did test fit how they'll line-up (they're pure 3M stickons; no clips) and they appear as if they'll be a near-perfect fit.
Greg

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
from the unhelpful guy :sneakiness:

I have the OEM ones, the previous OEM's I had on my other Soul stayed on for over 4 years with no problem and the same for four years on the previous KIA to that one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for replying with something constructive unlike the other guy.
I wasnt sure the name of what the oem look like and still havent fount a proper kia soul video, this was close to what i could find that helped me visualize it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_-QsNQAicY
Were yours true OEM or after market ones?
What tape was used on yours?
Would you recommend me scraping off the tape and putting on proper 3M VHB tape?
The AVS are aftermarket. They come with small sections/tabs with slivers of tape on them. I thought about removing the tape and using some better quality 3M, but the thickness could cause an issue. As it is, I can hear the windows when they hit them going up, but they don't interfere with the auto up function on mine. Thicker tape would really cause issues with the in-channel. That's why I'll buy exterior mount visors when these crap out.

I have read some AVS actually have the tape running the whole rim of the visors, but mine don't. I'm not sure if the design was changed at some point, and the ones I bought were older stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the American OEM ones. They use 3M mounting tape as well as small clips, straddling the door frame (a U shaped piece of metal). no problems with them so far (5 months). I have had visors with 3M tape only and they held up well. I think something like the Canadian OEM or similar look better than the American OEM's. They have weird angles to them. I also had the in channel visors several years ago and did not care for them. On my car they made a scraping sound when the window went up and never seemed to sit inside the window frame correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts