Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2014 Kia Soul with 48,499 miles on it. JUST bought it from a dealership 2 months ago.

NONE of the radio buttons are responding! Not on the radio itself, not on the steering column. I can plug in my phone and turn on Bluetooth, otherwise I cannot change the radio station, I cannot change the input. Nothing. There is no "reset" button on my radio (not that I can see) so I can't figure out how to reset it to try that.

Anyone have any ideas? I have no idea what could be happening with this radio. Not sure if I should go back to the dealer I bought it from or if I should go to Kia or.......where I should even start to get this fixed.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Take it back and have them take a look. It should still be under warranty (radio warranty, that is). This type of failure has happened before and generally they have to replace the radio head unit. I am assuming that the car does not have the High end radio. If you identify the car model, it would help identify the radio type also. Read below. Thread moved.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
which model of Soul? You could try pulling the fuse for the radio or disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes or so and reconnect, sometimes it helps.

Seeing you just bought it you could go back to that dealer, but the normal audio/entertainment warranty has expired - 36 months or 36,000 miles

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Look at your owner's manual, there is a reset button for the Infinity infotainment unit. Try turning off radio & disconnect battery. Then try the radio.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Look at your owner's manual, there is a reset button for the Infinity infotainment unit. Try turning off radio & disconnect battery. Then try the radio.
+1

I seem to remember a reset solving a similar problem for someone else on this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts