Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 2397 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I got 27.8 MPG around town, with a short "highway" trip. Not too bad.
Let other people know what MPG you get, so PLEASE, post your MPG numbers achieved with your Soul crossover here.

The best way to provide the information would be to include the info regarding the engine (1.6L or 2.0L), tranny (manual or aut), MPG numbers and your drive (town, highway, mixed, etc)...thanx!!:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Got a lot of requests there, don't you himi? ;)

2010 Kia Soul +
2.0L Automatic
16" wheels

27.8 MPG (US gallons)

Mostly city driving, with around 80 miles of highway driving. 267.4 miles with a quarter tank left. We are at around 4500 feet, with the trip going up to around 6000 feet. It's a bit hilly around here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My MPG Posts from another Thread...

Hi Guys,

I've driven my Shadow Soul base model (1.6L 5-speed) for about 800 miles, with about 80% highway driving... I had posted some mileage figures and answers to questions in another thread, so I wanted to put them here too:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Personal Mileage Experiences...

Hi Guys,

I picked up my US-spec base model Soul on 3/21 (1.6 L gasoline engine with a 5-speed manual), and though I didn't track the gas mileage for the first two fillups, I did for the last couple of tanks (the car has ~800 miles on it, from what I can remember). I'm sure none of this is very scientific and I'm not quite sure how to interpret the numbers so take the data for what it is worth. The model I own is US EPA rated at 26 mpg city and 31 mpg highway. On the two fillups I did record, (one right after the other) here are the results:

311.2 miles on 9.79 gallon fillup = ~31.8 mpg
349.9 miles on 10.75 gallon fillup (with "low fuel" warning light on for two miles) = ~32.5 mpg

As for how I drive, since the car is so new I keep her under 70 mph on the freeway, which keeps the little engine around 3000 rpm. I checked the owners manual and it said to keep the engine between 2000 rpm and 4000 rpm for the first 3000 to 5000 miles when shifting gears, so I've kept most shifts between 2000 and 3500 rpm. Most of the power seems to be around there anyways. I hope some of this information is useful!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highway Driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodad66
thanks Nick.... I was wondering about the 1.6. How
much of your driving is highway?

Hmm... well, I commute 70 miles round trip to work and 60 of it is on the highway, so I'm going to estimate that about 80% of my weekly driving is on the highway! Sure seems that way too. Also, the route I take here in northern RI, I-295S to I-95S (switch to North on the way home) sees little traffic at the times that I commute, so it's 65-70 mph, around 3000-3200 rpm the whole time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
heading out tomorrow on a 500 mile freeway and back roads trip. Ill post the mileage of my US spec 2,0 auto Alien + when I get back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering what real world MPG you guys are getting. Im planning on buying a Soul from communitykia.com soon and im trying to get all my facts straight.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 2397 Posts
About this Discussion
2.4K Replies
676 Participants
Shaggy Wierdo
Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners
We’re the ultimate Kia Soul community dedicated to Soul owners and fans!
Full Forum Listing