Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rig was recently broken into, $2600 in damages and an additional $1000 worth of gear stolen. Thankfully insurance is covering the majority of it; however, for piece of mind, I'm shopping for security.

My questions: I'm looking for a 2-Way system, any recommendation? And what, if any, additional adopters/parts/overrides are required on a the Soul for a security/key-less system (since most if not all security solutions have aftermarket keyless?

I have a Base Soul w/Factory Keyless

·
Registered
339 Posts
Curious to hear how they did $2600 worth of damage by breaking in, unless they just trashed the car for the he!! of it.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I got hit in a parking lot in a smash and grab. Cost about 160 bucks to repair the window. Since this is a glass state, insurance paid it. The thieves did not get much of anything else except a wallet carelessly left on the front seat. There is no alarm system available that will protect you for either a smash and grab or from carelessly leaving valuables in plain sight. I did not consider adding an alarm after that and still won't. I did however, lecture my errant son on his lack of forethought and awareness about where he parked and how he handled HIS valuables in MY car.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I got hit in a parking lot in a smash and grab. Cost about 160 bucks to repair the window. Since this is a glass state, insurance paid it. The thieves did not get much of anything else except a wallet carelessly left on the front seat. There is no alarm system available that will protect you for either a smash and grab or from carelessly leaving valuables in plain sight. I did not consider adding an alarm after that and still won't. I did however, lecture my errant son on his lack of forethought and awareness about where he parked and how he handled HIS valuables in MY car.
A friend of mine told her sister not to leave binoculars in the car, she ignored her saying no one would break in & steal them. Sure enough the car was busted into and the binocs stolen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts