Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I are thinking about buying a Soul -- I noticed the web site says the special 0% financing for two years ends on November 30th -- does anyone know if that will be continued, or what kind of special offer they will have in December? What kind of special offers have they been offering before now? I just didn't know if we need to rush right down to our dealer before the end of the month -- they only have three in stock right now, and not one that we want, although we really like the dealership and want to buy one from them. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Can't tell you what deals they might have going in DEC but I will say this. I worked in sales for a few years and if your in the market DEC is a great month to hit ANY dealer can cut a sweet deal. Dec is SLOW in a car dealership I don't know who gets the cars with the big red bows on them but I never saw it.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Well I hate to burst bubbles for those who live in Canada, and maybe even in the US.

December is no worse or better than any other month, nor is the first week better than the last and so on.

Everything is logistical. For example at the begining of the year the lease rates are higher because the residual value is higher, as the year goes on the rates come down as the residual value comes down. It is the same thing for financing, you may pay a higher interest rate at the begining but by the end of the year when interest is lower and there is more incentive, you will find the only difference that it ends up being is the difference of when the car first came out to when you are purchasing.

Ex. Soul was released in May at 3.9% over 60 months. No other financing incentives. Now it is 2.9% for 60 months with $500 incentive when financing.
So now you save 1% and get $500 back, but those who have purchased when it first came out are already at a lower value, but for trade purposes in 5 years you balabnce out.

People tend to forget when you trade in a vehicle in 2015 they dont care when it was bought only that is a 2010 wit X amount of milage on it.

As for if you live in Canada, the monthly programs tend to trend towards a bi monthly basis, so what you see in Nov, will probably be the same in Dec, unless they feel sales are slipping on a certain model, in which they will try to up the incentives on the model. I don't see that happening with the Soul or the Forte Koup as both are selling well. If you want I can update the current incentives each month under the Scarboro Kia sponsorship link.

Cheers,
SOUL4U

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
SOUL 4U

Thanks for the information and yes a monthly update for potential Canadian owners would be wonderful.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I have added a November incentives to my section. I will add December when new program arrives.

And before anyone asks we do not know the program until we get it in December. We have even tried to get hints, but head office will never tell us.

Cheers,
SOUL4U

1 - 6 of 6 Posts