Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Soul, overall very pleased with things so far quality-wise, especially given the price point of the car. However, I noticed the front quarter panel on the driver side is not level with the hood. More specifically, it starts out level near the windshield and the further it gets toward the headlight it begins to raise. Not by much but it is annoying as you are looking right over it while driving and can see the panel and hood are uneven.

Any idea if this iis something that I could adjust? It looks like the the quarter panel may not be quite aligned dead-on under the headlight where it meets the bumper. I'm just wondering if there are some screws I could loosen and re-tighten to potentially get the panel to settle right. I'd say it is raised by about 1/8" inch, just enough to be visually annoying.

OR...maybe this is normal (so to speak)??? If a few fellow Soul owners could take mental note and remember to glance at their quarter panel next time driving, I'd appreciate it.

** Update ** I wonder if this could be hood drooping a bit instead? Maybe the rubber hood stopper? Could test that easily enough I suppose by putting a nickel on top. lol

Sonic

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
photos would help to give us a better idea, but there is 2 rubber stoppers under that hood at the front that can be simple adjusted up or down by simply turning it and level the hood with the fender.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
My 2012 was the SAME way when I got it and some simple adjusting of the hoods rubber levelers at each corner helped smooth things out.
B.T.W...The FRONT panel is considered the Fender. the Rear panel is considered the 1/4 panel.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks guys! I already leveled it. But uh....I had to raise it 1/4" or maybe even 3/8" higher than the one on the opposite side Is that going to put the hood at risk for some kind of warping or other issues?? And I'm guessing this is a standard thing on many cars, these adjustable rubber stoppers?

The front fender is not also called a quarter panel!? OMG....all these years I been using that term to mean either front or rear panel.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
relax, that's why the stoppers are adjustable ;), I had to tweak the left side on mine. You also have the same thing on the rear hatch door too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts