Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it's listed at 20 mpg hwy?!?! I don't expect too much in the form of MPG. I do wish it didn't recommend premium, as if it didn't, I wouldn't put any in, but since it does, I will, begrudgingly.
You don't necessarily have to use premium. The engine computer will adjust timing to eliminate pre-ignition/piinging. You'll lose a little bit of power but nothing very noticeable. Your call: lose some power or money. Try a tank of 87 grade and see if the difference is worth the cost.

Reactions: westslope

·
Registered
104 Posts
Winner winner.....Kramer dinner! I was shocked at the fact that I got 0% on it, but they're really trying to move these things.
They are offering big incentives to move Titans because no one is buying them. There are many reasons for this, none of them good. Given that a vehicle is a big purchase for most, it's a good idea to do a lot of research before buying a new one. Incentives and discounts going in on unpopular models will bite you later going out when you resell as the used value will be comparably low. And then while you own it you have to live with all the things that make it an unpopular vehicle to begin with.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
You don't necessarily have to use premium. The engine computer will adjust timing to eliminate pre-ignition/piinging. You'll lose a little bit of power but nothing very noticeable. Your call: lose some power or money. Try a tank of 87 grade and see if the difference is worth the cost.
Oh yeah, I know the computer will adjust to avoid pre-detonation. I like to get all the performance I can out of what I'm driving. The 18 turbo soul I had got premium as well. A lot of people here insisted that it didn't help, but Car and Driver insisted that it gave them brisker performance. I actually have a Costco membership, so premium fuel here is about $0.15 cents higher than regular grade elsewhere. I think it's about $2.59 a gallon right now.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
They are offering big incentives to move Titans because no one is buying them. There are many reasons for this, none of them good. Given that a vehicle is a big purchase for most, it's a good idea to do a lot of research before buying a new one. Incentives and discounts going in on unpopular models will bite you later going out when you resell as the used value will be comparably low. And then while you own it you have to live with all the things that make it an unpopular vehicle to begin with.
True, but probably the biggest reason people aren't buying them is because the general American public doesn't really like foreign offerings. Truck buyers are generally loyal to their "domestic" brand. I tend to see that as a plus, as it means foreign companies may have to try harder figuring that they are trying to get a foothold in the market.

This is the same reason that I bought a few Kia's. Most of my family members gave me a similar speech when I bought my first Kia. My father told me that it was a "throw-away" car. I didn't believe him to be right, but then again, a lot of vehicles can be considered "throw away cars" these days.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts