Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
Mind if I borrow it next weekend? I'd like to do a little four wheeling down in the mud bogs.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
You called it perfectly yourself 馃槀馃槀馃槀Who buys a shiny new truck and has no use for it?

View attachment 134451
Don't worry, one day you'll fix enough bikes to get things that you may or may not have use for.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I guess if you live in your own little world where Trucks aren't practical, you wouldn't understand. There's plenty of terrain out here for me to enjoy my new toy. Maybe I'll ask you to help me to fix my mountain bike when I hit the trails. 馃槣

Mind if I borrow it next weekend? I'd like to do a little four wheeling down in the mud bogs.
One of my colleagues already got a stiff pole from seeing it the other day (stiff fishing pole). He likes fishing, and I think that was the first thing that came to his mind, taking it to some secluded fishing spot..... I'm thinking some secluded area where I can fly my drone around and get some great footage.

Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
Got my first reading after I topped her off with Premium. The computer had me at about 18-19 MPG, which isn't bad at all for such a huge vehicle. Figured I'd share more pics. I feel like they stole most of their design cues from Ford.

View attachment 134449

View attachment 134450
That isn't bad at all TX. I was thinking 14-16 mpg for that rig. I do see what you mean about the FORD inspired design elements, especially from the back. To me that's a good thing. Honestly, great looking truck.

Reactions: TXSSSoul

Registered
That isn't bad at all TX. I was thinking 14-16 mpg for that rig. I do see what you mean about the FORD inspired design elements, especially from the back. To me that's a good thing. Honestly, great looking truck.
I did not read anything before I clicked the pics. I thought it was an F150 until I clicked the 2nd pic.....

Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
Well, @XxHaimBondxX called it, despite the fact that he was just being his typical arzish self, but jumped yet another ship. I have sold yet another soul to the debil. I think I may be addicted to that new car smell or something. But, in my defense, the dealership was really out to make a sale, and they shot straight with me. Also didn't hurt that they offered me 0% APR for 72 months. If any of you guys are looking at a new soul, now might be the time to strike.
Only weak, feeble, or stupid people buy 2nd hand Souls? OK, now I understand.

On the other hand, a Titan PRO-4X is one helluva classy mall crawler.

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Right, explain to me again why i need a $50k truck to go to fishing? 馃槀馃槀
It actually MSRP'd for $60,000, but I paid roughly $45,000 for it ya derp. I can understand where some people have to budget themselves to buy based on "need" and not "want". I do not have any vitriol against anyone's financial situations, as I'm enjoying new truck ownership enough to not really care.

I did not read anything before I clicked the pics. I thought it was an F150 until I clicked the 2nd pic.....
I essentially consider it a poor man's Raptor, which is what a lot of people online call it. I have yet to try to take it off-roading as I'm trying to keep it nice and clean for now.

To all concerned. A man can buy a pick-up truck for two reasons.
1.) He needs a truck
2.) He wants a truck.
Chalk me up for #2. The good news is it means less miles for the SS, but the bad news is a drop of about 8 MPG and spending more on premium fuel. Interestingly enough, the Soul that I had goes toe-to-toe with the Nissan as far as tech features are concerned. The Soul had wireless phone charging and lane keep assist where the Titan has adaptive cruise control and HomeLink.

The value that the Soul provided is probably the biggest thing I used to tell people about all the time.

Only weak, feeble, or stupid people buy 2nd hand Souls? OK, now I understand.

On the other hand, a Titan PRO-4X is one helluva classy mall crawler.
I think Haim was just being salty and tried to spin it as me being the feeble one. But, your interpretation probably seems a little more accurate. Considering the price that dealerships are trying to unload new Souls, it would seem a little silly to pay a lot for a used one, but Haim is going to be Haim.

He was this salty on the Optima forums. I remember one of his threads specifically, where he asked if he should purchase his leased Optima or return it. IIRC, he had been leasing it for 3 years, and the amount the dealership was trying to get him to pay was around the amount that they were discounting new ones. Not sure if maybe his credit was stinky, or what, but for some reason he didn't think buying a new one for the same price of his lease was a good decision. Like I said, I can't speak for anyone else's financial situation, although it may explain why some people are just apparently so angry at everyone else.......

Can't wait for the pics of all the fish he caught with this truck. 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
Speaking of.....I can't say that fishing is my thing. I recently got into drones and have been driving out to nice open areas taking some nice scenic footage. It's very relaxing. Based on some of your posts, you might consider finding a hobby, yes you DESPERATELY need a hobby.....

Registered
I recently got into drones
Seems like they have been rubbing off on you, you've been droning on and on about stuff no one cares about it. 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Yes, I am very poor and drive a Soul and Ioniq. Yes, I fix bicycles in my spare time. Not ashamed of neither.

Registered
.....I think Haim was just being salty and tried to spin it as me being the feeble one. But, your interpretation probably seems a little more accurate. Considering the price that dealerships are trying to unload new Souls, it would seem a little silly to pay a lot for a used one, but Haim is going to be Haim.
Well, TXSSSoul, if your objective was to insult many here by calling them weak and feeble minded (ergo stupid), then Mission Accomplished! Big thumbs up!

It is always good fun when folks try to insult others in a language they do not fully understand.

As for your own peculiar take on how markets work..... well, maybe markets work differently in Texas than they do elsewhere.

Incidentally, I reckon that right now during this supply shock-driven severe recession, the used car market would be very, very attractive. For the same reason, that new auto prices are relatively attractive.

But what I do not understand is why did you not pay cash for the Titan? You would have likely saved a few thousand dollars.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Well, TXSSSoul, if your objective was to insult many here by calling them weak and feeble minded (ergo stupid), then Mission Accomplished! Big thumbs up!

It is always good fun when folks try to insult others in a language they do not fully understand.

As for your own peculiar take on how markets work..... well, maybe markets work differently in Texas than they do elsewhere.

Incidentally, I reckon that right now during a supply shock-driven severe recession, the used car market would be very, very attractive. For the same reason, that new auto prices are relatively attractive.

But what I do not understand is why did you not pay cash for the Titan? You would have likely saved a few thousand dollars.
My contention is that new car prices are really low right now, combined with very compelling finance rates, when compared to a similar used car, but feel free to twist my words to whatever you want. I'm sure my point came across to anyone that doesn't have a bias. ;)

And why pay cash with 0% APR? If I have $45,000 in the bank, and pay $45,000 for the truck, I don't get interest on any of that. If I have $45,000 in the bank and pay monthly, my money stays in the bank and I'm not paying interest on my purchase.

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Seems like they have been rubbing off on you, you've been droning on and on about stuff no one cares about it. 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Yes, I am very poor and drive a Soul and Ioniq. Yes, I fix bicycles in my spare time. Not ashamed of neither.
You used a double-negative.

Registered
And why pay cash with 0% APR? If I have $45,000 in the bank, and pay $45,000 for the truck, I don't get interest on any of that. If I have $45,000 in the bank and pay monthly, my money stays in the bank and I'm not paying interest on my purchase.
Didn't you also trade in your brand new Soul AND an older Nissan Titan to get that $45K "low price"? Just stop, enjoy fishing or droning.

Registered
A new car dealership sells trucks with a promise of nothing down and no payments for 72 months. Super sweet! Or is it? Is the opportunity cost of money/debt actually zero for the dealership? Unlikely.

The US prime rate sits at 3.25%. Prime is typically set at 300 basis points above the US Federal Reserve funds rate target which is currently 0.00 to 0.25%.

What do auto retailers and manufacturers pay for debt? I would have to look but it likely much higher than the prime rate. Lines of credit would be even higher. Moreover, over a 72 month (3 year) period, the risk of consumer default goes up while the value of the asset constantly falls.

If that is indeed the case, the retailer or manufacturer, depending, would likely be open to a cash purchase at lower price that reflects part of the full risked-financing costs given a 72 month grace period.

To err on the side of caution, let's use the current US prime rate of 3.25%. Over a 3 year period, the cost of the 'free loan' is $5,035. That is determined by taking $50K and investing it elsewhere at an annual compound rate of 3.25%.

Paying cash for a new truck in this example would save the consumer $5K. The consumer would pay $45K instead of $50K.

The 72 months no payment inducement is designed to trigger buys without having to reduce the sticker price much, much lower.

Sure, in theory you could bargain it down to much lower than $45K (as in this example). But do you really want to do that? This is not a one-off market relationship. It is the beginning of a relationship that could/should last many, many years. It is always good to leave a little on the table for the seller, especially in recognition of razor-thin the margins must be these days. If not simply in the red.

I love good bargains but I also like win-win deals especially where complicated technology is involved.

For those who cannot or could not afford to pay cash..... your decision. If buying for work -- a type if investment -- borrowing might make sense. Borrowing to play makes a lot less sense.

Registered
TX: Truth time. I am jealous. That Titan would make one helluva great 4X4 jet sled/jet boat launch truck here in British Columbia. My Xterra would do OK with lighter boats in most places.... your Titan would cover it all. Not too long of a wheel base. More than enough torque.

Trouble is I blow hot and cold on jet sleds. They can go in river canyons with class III to class V rapids where nothing else can go. Yet they are obnoxiously noisy and so fuel hungry. It is a lot less expensive to go on a buddy's sled while offering to pay all the gasoline and then some. Aesthetically, I would prefer to drift rivers in an open canoe, a raft or a drift boat.

If you plan on hauling a boat, you will love it. FWIW, I would guess that they there is a very active Titan forum on the web. The radical rock crawlers will swap the rear Titan axle for the 2nd generation Xterra. These vehicles, including the Frontier light truck (very similar to the Xterra) tend to attract a lot of serious home garage mechanics.

Treat it really nice and that Nissan truck will last you 400,000 miles.

Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
Or as TX said, the answer was #2.) He wants a truck.

And I agree, he picked one helluva nice one.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts