Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, @XxHaimBondxX called it, despite the fact that he was just being his typical arzish self, but jumped yet another ship. I have sold yet another soul to the debil. I think I may be addicted to that new car smell or something. But, in my defense, the dealership was really out to make a sale, and they shot straight with me. Also didn't hurt that they offered me 0% APR for 72 months. If any of you guys are looking at a new soul, now might be the time to strike.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
672 Posts
Reactions: TXSSSoul

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Beautiful Ride! I love that color!!!
My only problem with all the new pickups today is the tiny little bed.
I can stuff a bail of 8' long 2x4's inside my soul, but they wouldn't fit in the bed of any pickup I've seen lately.
Forget a sheet of 4'x8' plywood, fitting nicely in the bed.
My neighbor bought a Chevy pickup, with a 4cyl Turbo Diesel, for around $35,000. The bed is barely big enough for a tool box and a beer cooler. But, it does pull his 16', covered, work trailer, very nicely.

Enjoy!

:cool:
PS: I assume that truck has a gasoline engine. ??? Let us know what kind of gas mileage you get.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful Ride! I love that color!!!
My only problem with all the new pickups today is the tiny little bed.
I can stuff a bail of 8' long 2x4's inside my soul, but they wouldn't fit in the bed of any pickup I've seen lately.
Forget a sheet of 4'x8' plywood, fitting nicely in the bed.
My neighbor bought a Chevy pickup, with a 4cyl Turbo Diesel, for around $35,000. The bed is barely big enough for a tool box and a beer cooler. But, it does pull his 16', covered, work trailer, very nicely.

Enjoy!

PS: I assume that truck has a gasoline engine. ??? Let us know what kind of gas mileage you get.
Lol, no I'm going to bury my head in the sand and not look at the gas mileage. Ignorance is bliss!!! :p I am going to miss being able to squirt the Soul in and out of traffic. It was really nimble. I'm sure whoever buys it from that Nissan dealership is going to really enjoy it.

Oh and yes gas engine. They had a 2019 with a Cummings turbo diesel that was tempting. Would've loved to chip that thing and get 1000 lb-ft tq from it.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Torque, (pulling power) seems to be a really big deal, when buying a pickup, especially with trailer towing in mind.
OK, I won't press you for your MPG. With a truck that beautiful, MPG is of least importance. Eh?

Y'all take care now, down there in Big-D! I've been there, and I do like that town. I had a great supper one evening in that revolving restaurant. Neat! I even had a beer at "Hooters". lol

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,002 Posts
VERY nice TX! These new trucks are so comfortable and nicely trimmed it's the best of both worlds. Keep us posted on your experience with this new ride. I always enjoy reading & value your opinions.

Dang that's nice looking!

Reactions: TXSSSoul

·
Registered
672 Posts
I think all makers are offering 0%, we have 0% for 66 months.
They're going to have to try even harder, to sell cars in this economy!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Torque, (pulling power) seems to be a really big deal, when buying a pickup, especially with trailer towing in mind.
OK, I won't press you for your MPG. With a truck that beautiful, MPG is of least importance. Eh?

Y'all take care now, down there in Big-D! I've been there, and I do like that town. I had a great supper one evening in that revolving restaurant. Neat! I even had a beer at "Hooters". lol

I think it's listed at 20 mpg hwy?!?! I don't expect too much in the form of MPG. I do wish it didn't recommend premium, as if it didn't, I wouldn't put any in, but since it does, I will, begrudgingly.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I had the same interest in the 0% and a new warranty from Kia. Not going Gen3, yet.

·
Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
69 Posts
My thought on my purchase was 4% on the soul vs 0% on a new truck, so I figured it's nice to pay into no interest.
I think it's listed at 20 mpg hwy?!?! I don't expect too much in the form of MPG. I do wish it didn't recommend premium, as if it didn't, I wouldn't put any in, but since it does, I will, begrudgingly.
Give that baby what she wants. That's Premium... She will run better and also (I think) better gas mileage.
You'll find out that buying a pickup truck is just the beginning. There are so many things you can add on to it.
Like a cap for the bed or a bed liner, or toolbox. You'll see, the bug will bite you lol.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Give that baby what she wants. That's Premium... She will run better and also (I think) better gas mileage.
You'll find out that buying a pickup truck is just the beginning. There are so many things you can add on to it.
Like a cap for the bed or a bed liner, or toolbox. You'll see, the bug will bite you lol.

Lol, yeah, it's like the mod bug on my SS. I have been a good boy on that route. Only thing I've done so far is drilled and slotted rotors and an OTR air intake kit. Would love to go FBO on that thing and get an NA 600 HP beast, but keeping it as close to stock for now.

This current truck has quite a few accessories standard, so I may not have the bug for now.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was just reading a thread on another board with a very similar title.
Getting a new vehicle sounds a lot better than falling off a ladder like the other guy.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Got my first reading after I topped her off with Premium. The computer had me at about 18-19 MPG, which isn't bad at all for such a huge vehicle. Figured I'd share more pics. I feel like they stole most of their design cues from Ford.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts