Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Soul Turbo, Inferno Red
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this kit K0F67 AU000 on their Gen 3? The Kia puddle light kit photo shows 4 rock LED's w/cables, what looks like a small controller box, and a bunch of wire ties. Is there an existing puddle light wiring harness that these lights plug into or must I route the wires and figure out where to mount the controller? What turns these lights on and off? Will the controller box fit in the engine bay?

I looked into installing an underbody full color LED light kit but the problem is that there is absolutely nowhere in the engine bay to mount the controller box, and I'm not about to drill through the firewall to run cables inside the cabin. 8o(

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul ! 2.0gdi
69 Posts
It does have full instructions that come with the kit. The controller mounts under the drives dash/kick panel area, and you tap wires into the dome light circuit.

·
Premium Member
2021 Soul Turbo, Inferno Red
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nobutter69 for the info! I wonder where the cables come through from outside the cabin. Is there an existing gasketed opening in the firewall? One can obsess over minute details... I ordered the kit after reading your reply. I trust that it has been figured out already. Can't wait to see the instructions. Tapping into the dome light circuit makes sense.

·
Registered
2021 Soul EX. Sparkling Silver. Black/Gray interior.
55 Posts
I purchased the kit, but haven't installed yet. Hopefully will have time to tackle it this weekend. The instructions state it's a >1 hr. job. There are references to drilling holes and it comes with 4 templates that have to be taped under each side to determine drilling spots.

·
Registered
2021 Soul EX. Sparkling Silver. Black/Gray interior.
55 Posts
If I recall, the drilling is just into the plastic rockers for the mounting hardware.
Makes sense. I haven't gotten past opening the box and flipping through the instructions. Hopefully will get to work on it this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts