Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around, I've managed to find a way to get the Takeda intake for about 70 bucks cheaper than it is available for right now, but we all know that competition is what drives prices down for everyone.

This isn't an advertisement, I'm wondering if anyone here has contacted, or is interested in contacting other companies for parts development.

Remember, in almost all cases, they need your car for a few days, so you need to be located close to the companies, but you also get one for free.

Here is some information for some of the other companies out there looking for vehicles. I'll post all info I can. If I were close, I'd do it in a second.

AEM
http://www.aemintakes.com/

Direct link for their prototype program.
http://www.aemintakes.com/search/vehicle.aspx

AEM Needs Vehicles in Hawthorne, California

AEM's R&D department may need your car or truck for prototyping air intake systems!
If you own one of the listed vehicles, live near Hawthorne, California, and are willing to leave your vehicle with us for 1-2 weeks, please select the vehicle from the list below then complete the remaining fields in the corresponding form. Please list all modifications that you have made to your vehicle. Anyone allowing AEM's R&D department to use their car or truck for intake system development will be compensated with a FREE air intake system once it goes into production.

If your vehicle is not on the list and you are willing to loan it to us if the need arises, please click here.
No email address here, you actually have to go click on the link and and fill out a form.

FUJITA
http://www.f5air.com/

http://www.f5air.com/prototype_request.html

WE ARE LOOKING FOR ALL 2000 AND UP VEHICLES FOR PROTOTYPING.
IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR HELP, YOU WILL RECEIVE A FREE FUJITA INTAKE SYSTEM ONCE THE PRODUCT IS DEVELOPED.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

We are looking for vehicles located in Southern Calfornia to be used at our facility in Murrieta, CA (Located between San Diego and Riverside County). Stock Vehicles are preferred. Vehicle would be needed between 1-3 full business days in most cases.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us here:

In E-mail Please List:
YEAR / MAKE / MODEL / MODIFICATIONS

[email protected]
INJEN
http://www.injen.com/index1.asp

http://www.injen.com/docs/injen/content.asp?ct=vehiclesneeded_landing

Vehicles Needed
Receive a FREE Tuned Injen Intake!

The Injen R&D department is looking for all 2008-2010 vehicles.

We are looking for foreign and domestic sports compact, Gas-Truck/SUV and all Diesel applications.

REQUIREMENTS: Vehicles used for proto-typing must be in stock or near stock condition, if modified please list modifications when applying. If you live anywhere near the Pomona area and are willing to loan us your vehicle for a period of 5 to 7 days, continue to email the R&D department with your information. If you don’t see your application in the search engine above, feel free to contact our R&D department for further details.

Five reasons why you should choose Injen Technology:

In 2006 and 2009, the US patent office issues Injen Technology patents for tuning of intake tracts having mass air flow sensors.

* MR Technology step-down process patented- tunes intakes to factory air/fuel ratios
* Air fusion patented- controls short term, long term fuel trim levels to factory specs
* Air Intake Horns patent pending- An intake horn within the filter chamber. The suction reduces turbulence and straightens air as it passes through the mass air flow sensor.
* Injen/AMSOIL Ea nano-fiber dry filters- An advanced filtration media used today by the US military in M1 tanks.
* Intakes are tuned, calibrated and then tested on a dynamometer

The world’s first tuned air intake system

Please click here to email us.
[email protected]

I'm looking at others, but these were the first that came to mind. Help out the community folks, if you are in the area and can lend your vehicle for free parts, get in touch!

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'd love to but I live in Ohio.. you'd think with all these former automotive plants and the steel mill experience SOMEONE would manufacture performance parts in Ohio...

ell there is ONE in Cleveland.. I pointed them over here but I dont think they ever did anything with it, they only seem to make them for Fords and chevy's...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Contact them my man. The pages say for some, a day or two, and for others, a week or more. Depends on what they are fabbing up.

Do it! I'll send you a cookie!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Red ZMan, Thanks for the links, I am set up with InJen. I'll post how it goes, they want 4 days with my Exclaim.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I swore I had a post here.

Anyways, kick ass man, good to hear about Injen. I do some R&D work for stuff with NRG Innovations too, let me get in touch with them, they are in your area I believe. Probably would love to get their hands on a Soul. More to come, I'm just starting to look around. My son is enlisting in the Army tomorrow, so my off time has been very busy.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Someone should get in contact with BORLA Performance Industries (Borla / Borla Exhaust) to see if they would make a header and/or exhaust for Soul.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Someone should get in contact with BORLA Performance Industries (Borla / Borla Exhaust) to see if they would make a header and/or exhaust for Soul.
Great idea! looks like they are out in Oxnard CA, 93033 someone out there should contact them and see if they can get some free stuff, I mean offer to help...:p

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
let me take a look. Well, it doesn't say anything on their site about a R&D program, so you probably just have to contact them on their site.

http://www.borla.com/contact/

There's also one in TN. We got in touch with them some time ago about the Tiburon, but they wouldn't work with us. They only go for confirmed high volume sales, so they may not touch Kia.

BTW, kinda funny that all of this work is done in the state that is the least friendly to modded cars. LOL

·
Registered
728 Posts
I would really like it if PRM Racing made an cold air intake for Soul.
PRM Racing

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep in mind folks, talking to these folks while there getting an item made is crucial. if they are making a CAI, let them know NO ONE makes a Catback for it here in the US. Throw out some sales numbers of the Soul, and the reviews from big name magazines too.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Yeah ya really have to think like a salesman. I did this in the past with video gear. The better you can sell the soul and your contacts the more luck you will have.

·
Registered
144 Posts

I swore I had a post here.

Anyways, kick ass man, good to hear about Injen. I do some R&D work for stuff with NRG Innovations too, let me get in touch with them, they are in your area I believe. Probably would love to get their hands on a Soul. More to come, I'm just starting to look around. My son is enlisting in the Army tomorrow, so my off time has been very busy.
What did you do with NRG for the Soul? Since I am running all their seats, steering wheel and a couple other parts in the Soul for them. Just curious what parts you R&D for them?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts