Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
MSRP is $15,900 with freight. Is this your second one your purchasing, as you show you have a 2014 Base (AT or MT?) in your DRIVES profile. I can see a dealer not bending much on 2015 model at this point vs a any 2014 they have in stock.
No.... I need to change my DRIVES profile. I typoed. My apologies. The car I have listed in there is the one I'm trying to get bought. Hopefully I'll have it all hashed out tonight. The financing already checked out. So, it should just be a matter of haggling and signing papers. We just didn't have enough time to get it done when we we're there last Saturday.

I'd just like to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible. I really have high anxiety about buying cars and don't want to get taken. I wouldn't even be looking at cars right now, but I've got to off this Nissan I'm driving in a bad way.

Interesting on the MSRP. I guess the freight charge must be about $800.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Whelp.... It's done. I paid MSRP and got them to include the title and 1 year of registration fees in to the price. I'm more than happy with that. I don't feel like I got taken, they made their money, and I've got the car I want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dealers & MSRP

Dealers can deal if you make them. I drove my 2015 base Soul out from a Colorado Springs dealer Sat for $15,999.79 which included tax. About the cheapest car I could find. Holy cats this thing is slow! Reminds me of my fathers 1956 beatle. The 1.6 with auto is pathetic. The M6 is only pitiful. High altitude is a problem here. Its for my kid and he'll be getting no speeding tickets.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Dealers can deal if you make them. I drove my 2015 base Soul out from a Colorado Springs dealer Sat for $15,999.79 which included tax. About the cheapest car I could find. Holy cats this thing is slow! Reminds me of my fathers 1956 beatle. The 1.6 with auto is pathetic. The M6 is only pitiful. High altitude is a problem here. Its for my kid and he'll be getting no speeding tickets.
do you have the Active ECO turned off?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Took my first drive in a '14 Soul from a Hertz dealer (selling a Plus with 20K miles for $16K). First thing I noticed...it's kind of peppy. Along with that I noticed the engine seemed a little loud getting up to 45 mph. Felt a shimmy and some vibration through the steering wheel. Speaking of which, the steering wheel was strangely smooth. I'd want to get some grip added to it. Once the car warmed up, the down-shifts to accelerate were less noticeable, unless that was me focusing on how to turn off the Eco instead of paying attention driving.

It's a fun car to throw around. Nice turning radius, nice turn-and-accelerate experience. Great around-town drive. Pretty quiet on the highway except for wind noise. But not bad; easy enough to talk football with the wife cruising the interstate.

Once parked, I see that the right-rear tire was a new Firestone while the others were Solus (and not very new). Maybe that's the steering wheel vibration and a little of the shimmy.

Soul impressed me. Especially when following it up with an unplanned test drive of a '14 Corolla LE+. I wanted to keep driving the Soul. But I decided to quit early with the Corolla.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Forgive me if this is covered in this thread. I didn't read all 13 pages of comments.

If you're buying a model with the sat nav, make sure that the map version is the latest available. I bought a Soul SX luxury (Canadian model) last week. The car was built in December 2014, and it included map version 8. Version 8.5 has since been released. New versions are really expensive, particularly here in Canada, where they cost about $300 Cdn, $60 more than the same thing in Canadian dollars if you buy it in the USA (but I digress). The point is - insist that the vehicle you drive off the lot has the latest software installed before you complete the purchase.

I got my problem resolved after the fact, but it was touch and go at first as to whether they were going to give me the latest version because I'd already driven off the lot. See here for the whole story:

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/27-ice-communication/51666-navigation-map-version-question.html#post678202

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
KIA SENDS FREE MONEY ! Not kidding . When my Soul was a few weeks old I could not log into my UVO (I know who cares) so I called customer service and they said they would look into it and call me back and email me . It took about a week to resolve the problem but within that week I received 2 emails and a phone call . Then I got a follow up call to be sure all was well ! I thought the Kias customer service was awesome ! Well , today Kia sent me a $50.00 prepaid visa card because in reviewing there records they noticed I had " a bump in the road" early in my kia ownership experience and thats not the way they like Kia ownership to start out . So to acknowledge my issue and apologize . They sent me $ 50.00 !!! FullSizeRender (7).jpg

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
^^^^ I got the same "bump in the road" letter & $50 Visa when I called & asked them the part numbers for the cruise control module & harness. They said they didn't know, then followed up with money, which I put towards buying the aforementioned cruise control products.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, and gals,

I'm currently looking at buying a used 2010 Kia Soul 2U. From what I've researched about the vehicle, it seems like a smart purchase. I'm worried, however, about problems creeping up due to it being just out of warranty. The car is a manual with very near to 150k on it, and I was wondering if I should expect having to do any major repairs on it soon.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Hey Tickle, you're right the 2010s will now become the first Souls outside of the 5 year warranty. I would be sure to check the wear or replacement status of the usual suspects, especially the clutch & brakes.

Do you have a mechanic that can take a look at it for you? They can check the battery level & look for any problems.

The Soul is a little workhorse with good reliability. The one you're looking at may be a little long in the tooth but can still privide many years of good service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excellent points GeoSoul,

From what I could tell by my test-drive, The clutch still has some grip to it. From reading about it, though, it might still be a problem down the road depending on how the car has been driven. The brakes will definitely have to be fixed by the dealer before I consider buying it though, as I could feel a very distinct wobble through the brake pedal when applying it at high speeds (80kph+). I think it may be as simple as changing the rotors, or as complex as having to change the master cylinder.

Other than a few tiny spots of rust inside the door panels, the car looks great. I'm currently driving a 00 Oldsmobile Alero that is definitely on it's way out so the Kia would be a major upgrade in any case. I will have to look into the possibility of having it checked out by a mechanic before signing anything.

Everything I have read about the Soul so far seems to back up what you say about it being a reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a new Kia Soul Owner in Canada and would like to share my buying experience.

It took me a total of 4 days to complete the whole process from start to finish.

I first started with a multi-day (approx 3 days) test drive of the SX Luxury and fell in love with it. If it wasn't for this extended test period I probably would not have made the decision to buy. In it, I got to experience both weekend and regular M-F driving, and the Soul is really nice to drive in a city with lots of stop and go traffic like Vancouver, BC. Mind you I had to put down a CAD $500.00 deposit with the dealership.

When I finally returned the Vehicle, I was ready to buy pending a mutually agreed purchase price by both parties. I did quite a bit of research. In Canada, we have a website called "Car Cost Canada" that shows the MSRP of the car and the invoice price the dealership paid + freight. There is a nominal fee of CAD $40 for this service.

Already I noticed that the paid report was showing me that Dealer invoice price + freight was : CAD $ 27,568.00.

The sticker price on the "test car" before tax was CAD $ 31,368.00.

Thats a hefty profit! The paid report also showed all current rebate promotions available by Kia Canada. Unfortunately for me, they were all expired for my chosen dealership.

Thats when I looked around and found another Kia Dealership in my area that was offering the same rebate promotions for another month.

I presented all of this info in my negotiations with the original dealership and told them that I was comfortable with them making a 3-5% profit, then I negotiated hard. I fought hard on the MSRP and freight/delivery at the end I was able to negotiate the sticker price of CAD $ 31,368.00 down to CAD $26,368.00 for my SX Lux.

The dealership would not budge on the documentation & admin fees (CAD $700).

This was not intended as showing off, or advertising for Car Cost Canada. I am not even sure if I got the best deal possible. But with a little research on the web and checking several dealerships in your area, you can save thousands of dollars.

On the fourth day I picked up my Kia and took it home : )

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
I'm a new Kia Soul Owner in Canada and would like to share my buying experience.

It took me a total of 4 days to complete the whole process from start to finish...On the fourth day I picked up my Kia and took it home : )
Welcome. You should post this in the new members area as a stand alone post. It will get noticed more, I believe. Thanks for joining.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Already I noticed that the paid report was showing me that Dealer invoice price + freight was : CAD $ 27,568.00.

The sticker price on the "test car" before tax was CAD $ 31,368.00.

Thats a hefty profit! The paid report also showed all current rebate promotions available by Kia Canada. Unfortunately for me, they were all expired for my chosen dealership.
Would like to know what's in that $31,368 price because the sticker price on that vehicle should have been $29,060 (MSRP+D&D+a/c tax) or $29,260 depending on the colour you choose.
Odd as the discounts from KIA Canada is not dealer related. They are currently giving $1500 cash discount off that model.

However, it seems like you got a very good price for that unit. I used Car Cost Canada for the purchase of my last two Kia's.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts