Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did find AEM Short Ram but doesn’t specify engine - sent email for clarification.

2014 Kia Soul CAI

Looking for advice from anyone that may have one installed on 14 regardless of brand.

120 Posts
Just so you know... you will get A LOT more throttle noise a result of putting one of these in. I put the SSD one in my Fiona. At first i was not happy with the sound but I gave it some time and it has grown on me. It will quickly teach you how hard you are pushing on the gas peddle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This! Talk to Mike at SSD.

Just so you know... you will get A LOT more throttle noise a result of putting one of these in. I put the SSD one in my Fiona. At first i was not happy with the sound but I gave it some time and it has grown on me. It will quickly teach you how hard you are pushing on the gas peddle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The link I posted from Parts Engine showing the AEM short ram @$133.54 seems to have disappeared :distrust: reply came back with K & N Filter 69-5306TS Cold Air Intake; 69 Series Typhoon (TM); Textured Silver Aluminum Tube; Red Filter Price: $350.80+tax

Thank U tampa8 - I’ve sent email re-shipping - price for SSD Short Ram with K&N filter $139.

minicar3 - is this the one you installed?

·
Registered
78 Posts
minicar3 - is this the one you installed?

Yes, I also pulled all the intake plumbing from the inner fender, plus the intake box.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ minicar3 - I’m familiar with the intake plumbing from the horn experience - most had to be removed to get the horn when car was on lift - my main reason for installing is to give the car a little growl aka personality - have you experienced any sensors lighting up or any side effects?

I never did see your install video - do have a link?

·
Registered
78 Posts
@ minicar3 - I’m familiar with the intake plumbing from the horn experience - most had to be removed to get the horn when car was on lift - my main reason for installing is to give the car a little growl aka personality - have you experienced any sensors lighting up or any side effects?

I never did see your install video - do have a link?
The engine does have a growl. I haven't any sensor lights or side effects come on since I put it on, 4 months ago. Outside of the main connection to the engine and the small hose that connects to the top of the tube, there aren't any other connections except for the mounting bolts. There is a harness that is attached to the inner fender plumbing, it's just attached, not plugged into anything. I just rerouted it. Mike from SSD suggested taking the inner fender plumbing out and running a duct up to the open area. At the same time I bought the intake, I bought the SSD Fog lam grill inserts. So, I put a 5 inch flexible duct from the back of the grill insert up to the open area just in front of the filter, Sorry, I never made a video, just some pictures.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys - Mike at SSD emailed the international shipping invoice and the SSD Short Ram is on its way.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Haven't found any non-biased test on power improvement facts re. C A I on Souls or my Veloster turbo . Every thing I have found test wise for power improvement resulted in very little increase in anything except intake noise , and some people like that .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts