Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy was yelling at his kids outside i climbed in Soul and could not hear anything! Didnt have that in rolla

·
Registered
177 Posts
Based on the pro reviews i was expecting it to be alot more noisy. But going from my car into to that it was nice. I dare say it is as quiet as my wifes Nissan Quest.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Based on the pro reviews i was expecting it to be alot more noisy. But going from my car into to that it was nice. I dare say it is as quiet as my wifes Nissan Quest.
Soul probably has quietest interior among this class of vehicles. Noticeably quieter than 10xB. The way front-part of roof is designed, even with sunroof open, wind noise is minimal. I won't be needing wind reflector for Soul. much of the noise comes from tire being so large but it looks so cool.

·
Registered
203 Posts
good to know that~ :) good to have reassurance like this from SouL real users - the owners!
as many pro reviews said road and wind noise are almost unbearable, so noisy "you gotta turn your radio volumn up really loud and shout to the passenger beside you" kinda thing!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
quiet soul

We drove a + for a weekend. It had the 16 inch wheels and was very quiet. With the roof open i was amazed at how quiet it was. Also no wind. the next weekend we bought a !. I was a little concerned because it had the 18's with low profile tires. It is still one of the quietest small cars i have ever driven, even with the 18's.

·
Registered
114 Posts
as many pro reviews said road and wind noise are almost unbearable, so noisy "you gotta turn your radio volumn up really loud and shout to the passenger beside you"
i have no idea what they are talking about...

maybe they are comparing it to a $120,000 car?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Try driving normally then give enough gas/throttle for the transmission to kick down or shift down a gear then tell me that it still sounds quiet.
The engine roar when it's trying to accelerate is kind of embarrassing and loud since it sounds like it should be picking up some substantial speed but it's just trickling along.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Try driving normally then give enough gas/throttle for the transmission to kick down or shift down a gear then tell me that it still sounds quiet.
The engine roar when it's trying to accelerate is kind of embarrassing and loud since it sounds like it should be picking up some substantial speed but it's just trickling along.
What are you expecting for an engine this size and for the price you pay? Neither my Soul or girlfriends Soul 4U are as loud of you say. Now maybe it's because I've got manual's in both?

·
Registered
690 Posts
all 4 cylinder vehicle sounds similar with "load" on the engine. Lexus HS250h which is same engine as 2.4 Camry and xB sounds similar under load. Granted HS250h has full engine cover and tight seals around the hood, I can still hear the "crappy" 4 cylinder engine. Our Soul 2.0 isn't the quietest but IMHO, it is some where in the middle of the pack. If Soul had hood under-shield and a large engine cover, it may lessen the noise heard outside.

·
Registered
690 Posts
good to know that~ :) good to have reassurance like this from SouL real users - the owners!
as many pro reviews said road and wind noise are almost unbearable, so noisy "you gotta turn your radio volumn up really loud and shout to the passenger beside you" kinda thing!!
I wonder if the comment was referring to Honda Odyssey? Gen2 was worst and Gen 3 is not much better. Even with sound canceling system, it is still noisy inside the cabin. Its nice because I can't hear the kids fight in the back while we are in highway speed. Visit Odyssey forum, one of the most common complaints.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have not been over 3100 rpm yet seems fine

Mine is 1.6 quiet as mouse at idle, the corolla you could hear the injectors firing. I also drive a diesel jeep every now and again, that's noisy lol but the whirl of turbo is mighty fine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was surprised how quiet my Soul was after reading several "expert" reviews that griped about excess noise. The only thing I can figure is they must have some really coarse pavement they drive all the test cars over, and yes, you can hear some tire noise on coarse pavement. And you can actually hear the engine revving if you step on it. So what? It's not supposed to sound like a Cadillac inside; it's a fun sporty little car thats more fun than a Cadillac anyway! As for the noise, I agree with the other Soul owners that it seems quiet for cars in this class. And that is really some smooth quiet idle!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope to find out how the Soul is on our roads here in Ottawa, ON. We have some dreadful roads, more like "off-roads".

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was surprised how quiet my Soul was after reading several "expert" reviews that griped about excess noise. The only thing I can figure is they must have some really coarse pavement they drive all the test cars over, and yes, you can hear some tire noise on coarse pavement. And you can actually hear the engine revving if you step on it. So what? It's not supposed to sound like a Cadillac inside; it's a fun sporty little car thats more fun than a Cadillac anyway! As for the noise, I agree with the other Soul owners that it seems quiet for cars in this class. And that is really some smooth quiet idle!
Also depends on the wheel size.
I test drove one with 15" wheels and it had less road noise than my Soul with 18"/rubberbands.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts