Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Base that just spent a week at the dealer due to a bad Catalytic Converter. The car has 59k on it. Seemed a little pre mature. Has anyone else had any catalyst/emissions issues?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,606 Posts
I haven't heard of any out of the ordinary problems with the cats 3rd. Did they give you any logic besides it was just a "bad" one?

At least it's 100% covered, right?

Reactions: pnoman

·
Registered
104 Posts
My last vehicle had the catalytic converter crap out at 59K. Dealer said by law, they had to replace it free of charge up until 60K. Don't know if thst has changed.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
check your warranty manual for coverage, some of the emission parts of the vehicle are covered for quite a long time. Here in Canada the catalytic convertor is covered for 96 months or 130,000 km.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have a 2016 Base that just spent a week at the dealer due to a bad Catalytic Converter. The car has 59k on it. Seemed a little pre mature. Has anyone else had any catalyst/emissions issues?
Just curious - what are the symptoms? Did you get a warning light or did it start running poorly? Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They definitely covered it. They said 8 years 80k on emissions parts. Just seemed odd and early. Thanks

I haven't heard of any out of the ordinary problems with the cats 3rd. Did they give you any logic besides it was just a "bad" one?

At least it's 100% covered, right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I need to take mine in. Had to have exhaust and muffler replaced at 60k due to catalytic codes, now I'm getting the check engine light again for same codes at 70k miles.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Hold your horses, they don't know what's going on since this is still developing. If you check your vin online, probably where dealer checks, it will probably show 0 recalls as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Hold your horses, they don't know what's going on since this is still developing. If you check your vin online, probably where dealer checks, it will probably show 0 recalls as well.
True, true. I have checked and nothing is showing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There has just been an announcement concerning Kia Souls and a fire hazard. When investigating it with KIA North America, I was told that it will involve only the KIAs with the 1.6L engine. These engines have a smaller catalytic converter and that was manufactured by a different company than the larger converter which is on the 2L engines. So, the 2L KIA Souls will not be included in the recall. This may explain the failure of a catalytic converter that has been experienced by some owners in the forum.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I called my closest Kia dealer and asked about the recall and even had him run my vin (which he didn't seem too happy to do) and he said nothing came back about any recalls I even told him the issue with the high EGTs and he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may be a dumb question but when I bought my 16 Base Soul(1.6 G.D.I. Auto) I had my oil changes regularly. And when I had went this last time they said and showed via camera that I had engine sludge build up. Could this be related to this issue as well as a rough or inconsistent idle?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nhtsa.gov if you have 2016 kia soul, rather than trust your dealer I'd just run the vin on it to see if it says recall on your vehicle

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm on my 4th Cat
81,000 miles
Ridiculous

1 - 20 of 58 Posts