Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
A new one for 184 sounds like a great deal. You can go on car-part.com and find local salvage yards that have one that you can try, on that site it has you select the part you're looking for but many yards won't list smaller parts so sometimes just select a more common part just to see what yards around might have a Soul there and then you can call and see if they have it. There are a few pull your own part yards around me and a fuse box is like $20. It would be best if you go to a pull it yard if you tried removing yours first and that way you know what tools to bring and how to go about it.
You won't pop an airbag. Just pull negative cable off your battery and pull fuse box right on out, you'll be fine, I've done it with battery connected before and no issues.
Can you post a link to the one for $184, just wanted to make sure it looks right as that sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
2011 Soul, 2.0 Auto +
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I’m not sure how to add a link, (no computer qualified either) but it’s called “KiaPartsNow.com” I just put “kia soul fuse box” in the search bar and they came up. I would take you up on your offer but I’m in Tucson Arizona, so were about 2000 miles apart. I forgot about CarParts.com, I retired from being an Auto Damage Appraiser in 2019 and did use them fairly often. We only have one U-pull yard here and they only have older vehicles, like from the 1990s and early 2000s. I may call some of my previous contacts to see what’s available. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just curious, where are you from? I have a good fuse box you could try, I'm in Detroit area.
Hi friend,
I have a 2011 Kia Soul, and I have the junction/relay box pulled out. I also have 4 of the bosch style relays that I ordered from amazon. Can you tell me which wires I need to splice in order to fix this dang thing? I cant find a good wiring schematic for the DR Lock Relay Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
It's not wires to splice, it is soldered to the circuit board inside the fuse box. You need to take apart and open up the fuse box and the circuit board has the relay clearly labeled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not wires to splice, it is soldered to the circuit board inside the fuse box. You need to take apart and open up the fuse box and the circuit board has the relay clearly labeled.
Thank you for the response. Pardon my ignorance, but what am I supposed to do with the new relays once I get to the broken one? On a different thread for this problem, someone said they spliced in 3 new relays (one of driver door, one for the other three doors and one for all doors).

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You can YouTube how to repair circuit boards. You will need to desolder the old ones and solder in the new ones

21 - 28 of 28 Posts