Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting Kia Soul Owners:

Love my Soul+, however, the gas mileage is not what I expected. It was stated that you can get 27mpg city, 35mpg hgwy, but I get maximum 22.6mpg. Very disatisfied to say the least. KIA tells me that I have to break it in at about the 5000 mile marker. I now have about 7,700 miles and 22.6 is the best I can get. I saw another post regarding this from a Kia Soul owner who is looking for helpful comment about what can be done. Mind you, a woman sued Honda Motors a couple of months ago because she did not get the stated mileage that was advertised. Love the car, hate that the mileage falls short of what was advertised. Don't know what they can do, but, there are lemon laws in the state of Maryland. Looking into false advertising on this. What a shame. Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks,

BlkMantis101

·
Registered
53 Posts
That sucks. I just got mine last week and im getting 28-32mpg.

How are you calculating the mileage? If your just going by what it says on the dash, they are not always accurate and you may need to reset your trip odometers because thats what it goes by

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Greeting Kia Soul Owners:

Love my Soul+, however, the gas mileage is not what I expected. It was stated that you can get 27mpg city, 35mpg hgwy, but I get maximum 22.6mpg. Very disatisfied to say the least. KIA tells me that I have to break it in at about the 5000 mile marker. I now have about 7,700 miles and 22.6 is the best I can get. I saw another post regarding this from a Kia Soul owner who is looking for helpful comment about what can be done. Mind you, a woman sued Honda Motors a couple of months ago because she did not get the stated mileage that was advertised. Love the car, hate that the mileage falls short of what was advertised. Don't know what they can do, but, there are lemon laws in the state of Maryland. Looking into false advertising on this. What a shame. Anyone know of a solution?
its rated at 26 city and 34 highway on that engine, it doesn't say you will get this, its only a guide to compare one vehicle to another under the same conditions. Check the EPA site to see how they arrive at these figures. How Vehicles Are Tested Its the EPA that create this not the manufacturer. On another thread someone just mentioned the woman who sued Honda Motors has had it overturned.

As mentioned we don't know exactly how you are calculating to arrive at these figures. That 22.6 mpg is that in city driving? If not what do you get in the city and what do you get on the highway?
Give the car to a friend to use for a while and then see what they get for mileage, everyone drives different, even in the same vehicle. It might give you some clue as to what it might be.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I've been getting around 20-25 city and 32 highway. Only have 2k on the car so this should improve over time as the engine breaks in. I hope that your mileage also improves. I'm not an "eggshell" driver ....so I probably could get a few miles more if I drove a little less agressive . Just starting using fulely - so I'm going to keep track of the mileage via a secondary method instead of just using the car trip calculator.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Mind you, a woman sued Honda Motors a couple of months ago because she did not get the stated mileage that was advertised.
Yep, and the ruling was overturned for obvious reasons this week.

Looking into false advertising on this.
There is no false advertising here. Automakers can publish ONLY the mileage obtained using EPA mandated testing procedures. The fact that some don't get anywhere near close to those published figures is unfortunate, but not illegal/fraudulent, etc.

What sort of driving do you do? What's your normal commute? I'm sorry to hear you're not getting better fuel economy, but it's hard for us to give any guidance based on such little info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts