Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang, never thought I would be buying a Kia Soul but I have to say we've spent 2 weeks testing various small SUVs and crossovers and this car we are very impressed with.

We basically made our mind up to jump with the car on an overnight test drive tonight.

I see now the 2016 is coming soon.... Any news on upgrades. There's a couple misses about this car and I will list them here and you can opt in with your comments please. The car has amazing content and seems to be very reliable so this are not deal breakers:
Lack of illumination of switches... Rear door, overhead console, etc....
No rear seat reclining adjustment.
Headrests do not adjust horizontally
Pass seat no height or rake adjustment
Memory seat settings
Home link
Auto dimming outside mirrors

I could probably go on but you all would think I was OCD over this. I do come from premium cars that contain this and I fully recognize this is stellar value for the amenities. They did so many lighting things well, like the reading lights for instance, to miss the switches is weird.

Anyhow, more than this, am I foolish to get this with refreshments around the bend? Chime in too if there are issues I should look for.

Cheers, Brice in victoria, bc

·
Registered
546 Posts
on the headrest adjustment are you referring to side to side, or front to back? My 2011's both adjust front to back, you just pull the headrest forward, it will click as it moves, when it goes all of the way to the front it will release and then move all of the way back. I wouldnt imagine they got rid of that feature. We found it on accident when my son pushed on it from the back seat.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Coming from small, inexpensive cars most of my life, I do not know or did not know that much of what you have listed were even on cars. However, I opted not to purchase the high end packages on any of my cars and I really don't miss some of those things in your list. I doubt that the 2016 will have much in the way of additions to the 2015 model, we have not heard of anything yet. When things do crop up, they appear on this forum almost immediately.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
welcome Brice, from another Canadian (add BC to your location as there is more than one Victoria in Canada and US). If you are "stepping down" from a premium vehicle (which one?) then some things you are going to compromise on, but it has a lot of content that many premium vehicles don't have like heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, cooled front seats.

We currently have a thread already started with regards our thoughts on the 2016 model, but nothing official as of yet, but you can be assured any news will be immediately posted on this forum as Shaggy just mentioned.
http://www.kiasoulforums.com/137-soul-general-discussion/53410-2016-soul-rumors-5.html

For clarification to our US members - SX Luxury is equivalent to an Exclaim with the The Whole Shabang Package.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happy to be a new member of this forum. We bought a 2015 KIA SOUL EX (Two Tone version) Red Top with White Body, very similar to Red Zone without spoilers. It cost us $24K here in the Philippines. Its a Diesel turbo VGT 1.6ltr engine.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,587 Posts
Hi Barvic & welcome. Love Victoria & have come across from PA on the Coho many times!

If I understood your questions right, the headrests do adjust horizontally (front to back) by pushing slightly back and releasing the ratchet. I think there are 4 or so positions.

The front individual reading lights can be turned on by depressing the actual clear lense cover once. They even have a low & hi density by pressing twice. That way the passenger can read & not bother the driver.

All the electrical switches are lit orange. Looks great at night. To me, when both front & center dome lights are on, it's pretty dang bright in there.

Reactions: Soul.Master.007

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,587 Posts
Happy to be a new member of this forum. We bought a 2015 KIA SOUL EX (Two Tone version) Red Top with White Body, very similar to Red Zone without spoilers. It cost us $24K here in the Philippines. Its a Diesel turbo VGT 1.6ltr engine.
Hello acquizon & welcome! There are alot of folks in North America that would love a turbo diesel Soul. Can you share some photos of your new Soul?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts