Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
I looked into this but here is the situation that I have; a 2013 with a CD player and a 2017 without. So I went exploring to see if I could find one that I could hook up to a 12VDC socket and pump the music into the head unit through the AUX port or a bluetooth option. What I discovered was that I never used the one in the 2013, why would I want one in the 2017? Also you will have that unit boucing around the cabin while you are driving; how is one to change a disc without causing a 23 car crash on the Jersey Pike? And it ain't cheap even if you can find any such animal (which I did but it was limited selection). In the end, the thumb drive in the AUX port cost only the time to rip the songs and create nearly unlimited songs on unlimlited space on an inexpensive thumb drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked into this but here is the situation that I have; a 2013 with a CD player and a 2017 without. So I went exploring to see if I could find one that I could hook up to a 12VDC socket and pump the music into the head unit through the AUX port or a bluetooth option. What I discovered was that I never used the one in the 2013, why would I want one in the 2017? Also you will have that unit boucing around the cabin while you are driving; how is one to change a disc without causing a 23 car crash on the Jersey Pike? And it ain't cheap even if you can find any such animal (which I did but it was limited selection). In the end, the thumb drive in the AUX port cost only the time to rip the songs and create nearly unlimited songs on unlimlited space on an inexpensive thumb drive.
Thanks for the response Wayne

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,617 Posts
I transferred all the good stuff from my CD collection to a USB drive that I leave plugged into the Soul all the time. However the Soul also introduced me to Satellite radio and so I seldom say "USB" to the voice command, but it's nice to know the old CD music is there if I need it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Amazon has several USB drives to choose from. I use a thumb drive, but I would think a USB cd would work

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ohhh a USB optical drive. Yeah the head unit isn't a PC- doubt it could access that just like an external storage device like it could a properly formatted flash drive. Never know though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts