Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**Creating this one since Iphone is not involved, but may be similar to another thread. **

So this has happened twice. I have a cheap phone that attaches via Bluetooth - (not a smartphone) - and use USB drive for music. Twice a series of LOUD popping noises started happening while listening to Sirius. It's so loud it startles you and sounds like rock hitting the car on the highway (thought it was that at first). Turn stereo off, it stops. Turned it back on and set fader to read and could hear the pops from the back speakers. This wen ton every 30 - 60 seconds for about 30 minutes! Then stopped. Tech says there is a TSB about various kinds of noise like this, but no solutions. Thanks for any input... They want me to run it without the USB and "disconnect the phone." I don't really want to do that! THx. DT

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't say I wasn't willing to try, just that not using key benefits of the car being the only 'solution' isn't real great. I'm running it without the USB for awhile - but it is pretty intermittent. I don't think they want you yanking the USB drive out while driving.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Happened again this week (loud and more rapid than usual) while listening to music on the 64 GB USB drive - I disconnected the phone - still appeared to make the noise. Then...connected the phone back and switched to Sirius (stopped using USB) and it stopped..... Not sure if that's it as it normally doesn't "last forever." :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts