Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I thought (my mistake) that the panel on the left side behind the door near the wheel had been scratched. But, no. It seems to be a "plastic protector" fixed on both sides of the car. Problem - the left side shows an outside line. The right side doesn't show an outside line. I understand from reading through the comments that it's supposed to be part of the exterior to protect against rocks, etc., and don't remove it.
IMG_4004_plastic protector.jpg

So here's my question - I'm wondering if there is a solution to not seeing an outline?
Thanks.

·
Registered
14,795 Posts
standard feature for years on all Soul's. How it shows could depend on the colour of the vehicle, how dirty, light angle, etc. DON'T REMOVE IT!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Yeah, don't remove it. It's a cool feature to have. I found that if I've waxed the car, it will buildup on the edge. If that's the case, use a plastic tool or rag to remove the excess.

Otherwise, maybe just remember it's a good thing to have on your car :)

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
There is no real solution, you have be committed to cleaning around the edge I use a paint brush with the bristles cut down to about an inch long. Just brush around the edge, On my white Gt-Line I get dirt around that edge even when the car is clean and it shows up as a black edge on the white paint. Can be annoying when you are as anal as I am with my car.

Pat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, don't remove it. It's a cool feature to have. I found that if I've waxed the car, it will buildup on the edge. If that's the case, use a plastic tool or rag to remove the excess.

Otherwise, maybe just remember it's a good thing to have on your car :)
There is no real solution, you have be committed to cleaning around the edge I use a paint brush with the bristles cut down to about an inch long. Just brush around the edge, On my white Gt-Line I get dirt around that edge even when the car is clean and it shows up as a black edge on the white paint. Can be annoying when you are as anal as I am with my car.

Pat.
Great - thanks for the tips. Yes, it's a bit annoying, but I'll keep a clean rag and bristle brush handy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you really want to take it off you can. Will get rock chips though I work for a dealer ship and my job is installing clear bra so if you want just take a heat gun to it pills right off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts