Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased one of the first 2010 Kia Souls sold in CT - alien green +. It was crude but cool, and we loved that car. I still remember when Kia was sending around Korean spec Souls to park at dealers just so buyers could sit in them. We instantly knew the Soul was for us.

Then we upgraded to the 2015+ with the audio package. The improvement in the second generation Soul was beyond belief, and we loved that Soul even more. And we didn't just buy the Soul blindly - I cross shopped with every CUV on the market. The Soul blew them all out of the water for us (maybe not for everybody).

So here we are getting our third Soul (we put mileage on like you wouldn't believe). This time a totally loaded turbo exclaim - a Kia corporate fleet car. This is our first used Soul. I thought I couldn't fall in love with the Soul a third time, but the instant I put my hands on that heated steering wheel and my rear in those heated seats, it was love all over again. The HK sound system is amazing. The huge sunroof amazing. Blind spot alerts are nice to have. The only bad thing about this purchase is that I'll need to wait about two years to buy the next gen Kia Soul, which is rumored to appear at the NYC show in April (I'll be there). We put about 25,000 miles a year on our Soul.

By the way - if your dealer will do this for you, and if you're cool with a used corporate car, I totally recommend picking up a Kia executive fleet car used. Kia gives its execs loaded cars each fall, then auctions them off (only to Kia dealers) after 12 months. I negotiated $8,000 below the original delivered sticker - at the cost of getting a car with 12,500 miles on the odometer. For me that was a fair trade.

In love all over again. Can't wait to see the next gen, which I'm guessing will be build on the Hyundai Kona - Kia Stonic platform (just my wild guess, since the Kona measurements are within one inch of the Soul in every dimension).

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,531 Posts
Congrats scooter on your turbo Soul!

I'm curious too about what a 3rd Gen Soul will bring.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
congrats on the new Turbo, I too am waiting to see the third Gen Soul. Like you I am two years out from trading.

Pat.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Good info scooter! Might have to see if my dealer has any exec fleet cars..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts