Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Back after 8 or so months. Still have my 2013 Soul except now it's paid off with only 3000 miles on it. ;) Just thought i'd show you what I just installed. It's the Philips 8 LED daytime lights. I didn't hook the dimming feature as i'm not tapping into the factory wiring and voiding my warranty and what i'm hoping is that having them on at night full brightness, people wont complain. They are pretty low to the ground so we stall see. I don't do much night driving anyway.

IMG_7276.jpg

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I think the 8's look better for the Soul as I think they are thinner than the 4's. I spent an additional 3 hours making sure all the wires where routed correctly with added 3/8's wire conduit. I like to keep things under the hood as factory looking as possible with everything tucked and strapped down. So you wont see a bunch of bunched up wires under my hood.

Not sure about using them for reverse lights. Something like that, you would have to just take the LED light and splice it directly into the reverse harness as you said.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I like em'.... how do you think the would do as back-up auxiliary lighting. I would tap them right into the reverse light wiring.
You would be tossing away the controller. They may be a little pricey for that at about 90 bucks a set or so. May be better off looking at the 4s for this since they are about 20 or so cheaper. But I would look at what Diode Dynamics has available which may even be cheaper still since they would just be the lights. Might even want to try the license plate lights to see if they would add to the illumination.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just tried them tonight, full brightness driving in pure darkness on a country 2 lane road with my dad coming the opposite direction in a car and he said they didn't bother him whatsoever. So looks like I will be keeping them just the way they are.''

Also, they light up the road just like fog lights would, just directly in front of you ONLY. Thats probably why they aren't in oncoming traffic's eyes as they aren't projecting level or higher.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
Very nice! Look's good!

Sent from my Nexus 5 use the AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I did end up hooking them to dim at night. I still don't think I would of had to but now I don't have to worry about it. I didn't use the included splice connector though, autoparts stores have better and easier ones to use. It's sure alot easier for others to see this black Soul coming down the road now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts