Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Getting ready for my road trip next week. I'll be driving from Tagaytay to Subic Bay. I'll dedicate this weekend for car inspection and some tuning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm not a Soul owner yet, but I'm considering getting one. I'm having a very tough time choosing between a 2012 Soul and a 2012 Suzuki SX4.

Dealer says available naman ang roof rails, pero after reading your posts here, mukhang pahirapan. Another point in favor of Suzuki... for the same price at P899K...

Specs comparison ................................. Kia Soul ................ Suzuki SX4

Roof Rails ............................................ none .................... standard
Rear Brakes ......................................... drum .................... disc
Front Passenger AirBag .......................... none .................... standard
Automatic Transmission .......................... 6 speed ................ 4 speed

So looks like Soul only wins on Transmission. Supposedly 6 speed, but looking at the console box inside the car at the showroom, mukhang 4 speed lang din. Are the 2 extra gears accessible only when shifting manually?

Jaime

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
as we are commenting on your other thread a weird setup for the 2012 Soul in your county it equals our model from two years ago.

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
I would be posting on KIA Motors main Facebook page and asking the questions why you don't have the current 2012 model like most of the rest of the world, it doesn't make sense from a production stand point. I can understand features being slightly different between countries but not even the same vehicle!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Im thinking of getting a pre owned soul 2010ex full option like sunroof ang sport interior for only 650k 3500 lang ang millage. Repo sa bank. Thing is nabangga na yung likod and umabot sa chaassis where the rear whell is connected. But i really love the car and is still considering of buying it as long na okay naman pagka gawa. Your thoughts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im thinking of getting a pre owned soul 2010ex full option like sunroof ang sport interior for only 650k 3500 lang ang millage. Repo sa bank. Thing is nabangga na yung likod and umabot sa chaassis where the rear whell is connected. But i really love the car and is still considering of buying it as long na okay naman pagka gawa. Your thoughts
Bring a mechanic with you to inspect the car. See if the damage can be fixed easily. The insurance guys should have covered this.

And yes, I'm also on pdvd, tsikot.com and pex. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
same thing here... i think asian SOULs except korea have the same ridiculous 2012 model... i couldnt believe what i saw when the dealer showed me the current model... my 1st reaction??? "it's the 2010!!!!!" with a better looking grill of the 2012 abroad... nothing more... no LEDs, doesn't even have the monster fogs and the same old transmission.... same old engine...

I would be posting on KIA Motors main Facebook page and asking the questions why you don't have the current 2012 model like most of the rest of the world, it doesn't make sense from a production stand point. I can understand features being slightly different between countries but not even the same vehicle!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ako nasa 10km/li .. pero pag traffic nasa 8km/li siya. Magaan lang apak ko parati, paratiipid. Dinala ko Pangasinan Soul ko, 14.46/km/li..Ok !!! tapos sa SCTEX nasa 140kph takbo ko..Hehehehehe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bananaband,
I've driven my 2.0 Soul 754 km since June 2012 on 114.46 liters of fuel. So that's 6.6km/liter (15.5mpg) . I think fuel economy for Soul as advertised is under ideal conditions. Manila traffic and road condition is far from ideal. I have never driven it long distance yet though, so I guess it would improve when it hits more open roads.
It's used only on after work short drives to mall or convenience stores or gas station, etc. About 3-5 km each time, stop-go type, lots of intersections and stop lights (Boni Global City area). I guess one would never get decent fuel economy out of a 2.0 Soul under such driving environment. For comparison, I have a 2010 1.5-liter stick shift Japanese car that I've driven 7,048 km on 710.26 liters of fuel. That gives it 9.9km/liter gas performance. It's been driven pretty much the same manner. So I guess to see whether my Soul's gas performance is normal would be to compare it with other Souls driven in similar manner and similar driving environment, and not to compare it with fuel economies of similar-engined Souls driven in California cities, for example.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ako nasa 10km/li .. pero pag traffic nasa 8km/li siya. Magaan lang apak ko parati, paratiipid. Dinala ko Pangasinan Soul ko, 14.46/km/li..Ok !!! tapos sa SCTEX nasa 140kph takbo ko..Hehehehehe
Wow nakakaingit naman yung 10km per liter! Makaabot ako ng 8km per liter masaya na ako. I have a 2012 model so sana mag improve. 2200km pa lang ang takbo so sana soon maging 8km. Now kasi 6.4km per liter manual computation via cubby gas app for iphone.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Bronis this via trip computer or manual computation? Optimistic kasi trip computer. Sakin pag trip computer nasa 7.2km per
Li. Pag manually computed 6.4km lang. Hope it gets better pag na break in na nang todo.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts