Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm also from the Philippines. Kia SOUL is my first car after College Graduation. There has been a growing number of SOUL owners here in the Philippines. I'll try to get all those lost SOULs into this forum.
hey AOphalie! im from IMUS!!! which part of cavite are you from?:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just bought my Soul last September 2010. ok naman siya. I live in Cavite. And yes, nasubukan ko siya at 160kph sa cpastal road. Tuwing kelan sila pinapalitan ng Spark plugs ? Sabi sa akin ng Casa every 45k daw.. Hmmmm..

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just bought my Soul last September 2010. ok naman siya. I live in Cavite. And yes, nasubukan ko siya at 160kph sa cpastal road. Tuwing kelan sila pinapalitan ng Spark plugs ? Sabi sa akin ng Casa every 45k daw.. Hmmmm..
dude 160 KPH???? 120 KPH parang sasabog na makina ko eh...but who knows, maybe posible nga...:D

dont worry bout d spark plugs, everytime na visit mo ang casa remind d guys to check 'em.... new car yan dude so after 2 years mo palitan kaya pa yan unless may problema na. .....but depende din yan sayo, some dudes change twice or 3x a year.... :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
'musta mga kabayans from all over the world!...
just got my bright silver SOUL 1.6L A/T this month, and satisfied with its peformance...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Aircon Filtrette beneath the glove compartment

At what interval do you change this. Casa is charging Php 1,300/ piece. I just use a airblower sa carwash to clean this. Tama ba ito? How about an eyeball sa soul owners sa cavite.? Island Cove kaya..hehehhe

·
Registered
502 Posts
At what interval do you change this. Casa is charging Php 1,300/ piece. I just use a airblower sa carwash to clean this. Tama ba ito? How about an eyeball sa soul owners sa cavite.? Island Cove kaya..hehehhe
would really be interested if nandyan me sa pinas kaya lang my SOUL is here in china... though my sister is in imus, she didnt go for the SOUL, she went for the FORESTER instead :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello mga kabayan,

I have been looking for a decent local review of the KIA SOUL 1.6L for several hours now after I saw one this afternoon in a showroom in WCC in Shaw.

I originally planned to get a navara and my purpose is to be able to bring my mother to her hometown comfortably whenever she wants and with reasonable fuel consumption. The 4x4 navara is an overkill for the not-so-rough roads (less tough than off road type of terrain) and the carrier is a nice plus. However, you know the cost and I don't think I'm ready to give up this much for the said purpose above. My brother has a Jazz and I think it will pretty much ruin the under chassis if we use it there, or worse we get stuck or not get there at all.

Now I saw a KIA SOUL 1.6L and by the looks of its ground clearance and the shocks it seems that it fits my needs: low cost (half the price of a 4x4), able to traverse the not-so-rough roads and the not-so-common look which I like. :)

Now that I found this nice forum I would like to request for local reviews on your 1.6L SOULS and here are some basic questions I have in mind:
1. How is the engine vibration as compared to Honda Jazz?
2. How is the feel on city driving?
3. I hear people say KIA parts seem to be hard to find here and even sa kasa daw. and if you find one daw it is most likely a low quality china made. I'm not sure this is afair statement but can you brief me on the parts availability and KIA service?
4. How comfortable is it on long drive?
5. Average fuel consumption.
6. What was the heaviest load you put in the SOUL and how was it?
7. What other information you think I should know to make me go get one? :)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Change every 15,000 miles and you can check ebay for better deals for the cabin filters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys. Does anyone here know of a Kia Accessory dealer in Manila? I cannot get the SSD Roof Rail to the Philippines and I desperately need roof rails on my 1.6L Soul. Any contacts you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
greetings! fellow soul owner here from QC! accessories are rare in our country, the only one easily accessible is the side visor, got all my accessories from ebay (foglamps, center console, chrome grille), hope to see more of you guys so we can share knowledge in taking care of our beloved souls!

·
Registered
5 Posts
greetings from taguig city!
hope to meet you guys, theres a kia meet this coming January 28 at 2:pm in MOA(mall of asia)
its for all kia owners, pride,picanto,rio, sportage and other models..

hope to see your soul there!!

61 - 80 of 118 Posts