Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul Base manual 6 speed
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The specs on that diesel say 192lb ft of torque, pretty nice. You'll just have to source the fuel tank and pump, lines, intake and exhaust, turbo, intercooler, radiator, accessory brackets, ecm, probably a transmission as it is likely to have different gear ratios etc.. and you will need to look for a wrecking yard outside of the US where they were offered with a diesel and hopefully you don't live in a state where this is a no no for emissions or inspection. Would be cool if it were a complete front cut off a car.
Ja, probably easier to import the entire car in two pieces...the drivetrain...and the rest of the car. Or maybe the whole thing in one piece of you could get it thru customs/EPA...be interesting to look into that... I wonder if there is a loophole for blown engines...import the thing with a non-op engine...then do a complete rebuiild...

·
Registered
451 Posts
The Tork Performance guys make an intake and exhaust for the 1.6GDI engine, plus an ECU tune. It's not cheap and the dyno charts seem to be gone, but from past conversations with them I think the estimated gains were in the 20hp @crank range (or more) assuming a tune for higher octane gas? I wanted to try out a 93 octane tune with the intake/exhaust and maybe a Veloster header that would open up the airflow path from front to back.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I suspect some of you all have driven every kind of rig that's ever been made.
Driven the back roads so you wouldn't get weighed.
And if we give you weed, whites, and wine.
Then you'll be willing. :ROFLMAO:

Or maybe I'm just channeling old Little Feat.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nope. Just placing you in time. :cool:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts