Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In response to derogatory comments directed at me and pennzoil for its warranty protection program, I contacted pennzoil today, via phone and email, and submitted the following query:
"I've already enrolled in the pennzoil warranty program for my new vehicle which is a new 2020 Kia Soul. I participate in the Kia Soul owner's forum and a number of the participants think the warranty is merely a marketing tool and will not be honored by pennzoil. Can you provide actual stats as to how many warranty claims are honored versus those that are rejected? Even a ballpark number would be helpful."
Pennzoil response:
"Since our company took over the Pennzoil Warranty program in 2012 we have paid all warranty claims that we have received."
Best Regards
Jennifer Sax
Quality Assurance Engineer

thekerrygroup

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,212 Posts
As a top brand activation agency, The Kerry Group has logged millions of miles reaching millions of consumers, enthusiasts and influencers with the goal of creating true brand ambassadors. We’ve produced hundreds of thousands of innovative and engaging events for some of the world’s top brands.

From beer and spirits, to entertainment, automotive and higher education, we’ve executed award-winning mobile tours, trade shows and promotions. Above all, each program we execute is infused with digital and educational components that help audiences retain brand messages. It’s one of the ways we’re different from other agencies.

We believe no one can beat our level of experience and show-must-go-on work ethic. We deliver activations that build brands—and we have fun doing it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
How many is "all"?

I hope you never need the warranty. (y)

Kind of reminds me of Sit N Sleeps ad line,
We'll beat anyone's advertised price or your mattress is freeeeeee!

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many is "all"?

I hope you never need the warranty. (y)

Kind of reminds me of Sit N Sleeps ad line,
We'll beat anyone's advertised price or your mattress is freeeeeee!
Another one of the same sort of nonsense comments that I'd expect on this forum. Too bad we don't have any real moderation around here...

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
H H
Such a generic response is not helpful and indicative of nothing.
Greg
Lol! Oh, Mr Unicorn: "Since our company took over the Pennzoil Warranty program in 2012 we have paid all warranty claims that we have received." That's trivial? How many stated claims have to count in your book? 10? 20? 100? 1000? The fact is their quality assurance engineer states the warrant claims they have received have all been paid. That completely derails the comments to the contrary that their warranty is a figment of the imagination. The only figment of the imagination around here is your unicorns...

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Call in the moderators when someone says something you don't like, classy.
I suppose this ad hominem attack is your idea of classy, courtesy of another forum poster:
"Because your posts are nothing more than a mangled mess of scrambled eggs, I decided to reverse course and not await you placing me on-ignore.'
Instead, I'll put you on-ignore.
See Ya and best wishes, while owning S. Korean vehicles."

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trivial BS needs no moderation.
At a defined point in time or mileage, the factory warranty on the engine will expire on your vehicle. I'm pleased to know I have the additional coverage on my engine via the pennzoil warranty program while the deniers here don't...

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll also note that other oil companies such as Amsoil, Quaker State, Valvoline and Royal Purple also have warranties available to their users. Given the multiple companies offering warranties, it should be obvious that at least some or all have had claims at one time or another. If these warranties weren't being honored, consumer groups like Consumer Reports and various car journals and magazines would have likely reported on it. As I've stated before, it's far more likely oil companies, who have the financial wherewithal backing them up, are able to fund these warranty programs rather than risk the bad press goes with initiating some sort of bogus scheme on an unsuspecting public. By and large, I think these warranties are worthwhile looking into and, assuming their products meet manufacturer's specifications for your vehicle, there doesn't seem to be a down side in enrolling in one...

·
Registered
958 Posts
"Since our company took over the Pennzoil Warranty program in 2012 we have paid all warranty claims that we have received." How many were received? My guess would be NONE. There is no data (aka evidence) to support your claim. They could just as easily said they paid no warranty claims. Without evidence there is no proof. That's no different than me saying I saw a unicorn. Can you prove that I didn't? You (meaning anyone) cannot prove a negative (general) claim.

Not sure why you're stirring this up so much and being overly sensitive as most people here (but definitely not all) are generally helpful and sure, we'll insert witty banter that often goes "misunderstood". Hard to gauge someone's wit via electronic media.

greg

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Since our company took over the Pennzoil Warranty program in 2012 we have paid all warranty claims that we have received." How many were received? My guess would be NONE. There is no data (aka evidence) to support your claim. They could just as easily said they paid no warranty claims. Without evidence there is no proof. That's no different than me saying I saw a unicorn. Can you prove that I didn't? You (meaning anyone) cannot prove a negative (general) claim.

Not sure why you're stirring this up so much and being overly sensitive as most people here (but definitely not all) are generally helpful and sure, we'll insert witty banter that often goes "misunderstood". Hard to gauge someone's wit via electronic media.

greg
Let's try connecting the dots for you: Since their quality assurance engineer responded they've paid all claims received since 2012 that obviously means they've paid out on the claims that they've received. They didn't state but they certainly could have that, as you state, "they paid no warranty claims."The aforementioned statements are the antithesis of one another. Read my query to pennzoil in my initial post in this thread again, I'll cut to the chase and restate the operative passage for you, "a number of the participants think the warranty is merely a marketing tool and will not be honored by pennzoil." It should be equally obvious what the intent of my query is by the latter statement so there should be no doubt as to the veracity of the response. Now do you get it?

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since "Old-Soul" isn't a moderator, he has no business telling anyone to stop discussion in a thread. And for his edification, the discussion is not about oil; it's about a warranty. i've got mine with pennzoil while others have theirs with valvoline, amsoil, quaker state, etc...

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I have a very good warranty with KIA, the folks who built my car. I have no need for a warranty from an oil company.
I'm not a Moderator either (yet) but if I were, this topic would be closed. Nuff Said!

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
:cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.