Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Kia Soul. The interior silver handles are peeling. The coating is actually quite sharp. I sanded it down but would like to replace them, ideally with different handles that aren’t coated. Has anyone had this issue and found a good replacement? I couldn’t find anything searching but maybe I’m not searching for something wrong.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
784 Posts
I have a 2013 Kia Soul. The interior silver handles are peeling. The coating is actually quite sharp. I sanded it down but would like to replace them, ideally with different handles that aren’t coated. Has anyone had this issue and found a good replacement? I couldn’t find anything searching but maybe I’m not searching for something wrong.

Apparently it's not unheard of...

Reactions: jam022316 and grege

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
784 Posts
Thank you!! I never thought of looking on YouTube
YouTube has become my first stop resource for car info, repair instructions & mod ideas. So many independent mechanics now have their own channels. If not found there I then come here and search these forums, if I can't find an answer myself I then ask. These two resources have met most of my auto information needs. 👍 😁

Try a search on YouTube for "Kia Soul interior door handle wrap" to see a few videos about wrapping the handles with film instead of replacing. I didn't watch any so I don't know how successful they are or how wrapping the handles would look like, but it's another option nonetheless.

Good luck!

Reactions: jam022316

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,306 Posts
Hi jam,

Here's a link to similar conversations taken place before. You might find some info here.

Best of luck!

Search results for query: Inside door handle

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
All of the interior chrome eventually delaminates. A couple of years ago some detailers delaminated the chrome heater knobs on my 12 that my wife drives, but my 2013 started delaminating as well this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts