Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I'm having problems with the passenger door not locking when I use the remote... however all the other doors are locking. I only discovered this when I noticed the light to indicate it was locked wasn't flashing when I locked the car.
Kia Service has told me I need a new Door Actuator and it'll cost $550 to replace!!! I've never had this problem with any other cars I've owned.... different brands... so I'm very disappointed about this. From looking through the forum it seems this isn't an uncommon fault.
Someone mentioned something about this happening when they replaced the battery but I can't find that feed. I replaced the battery less than a week ago... mind you I think the locking problem was happening before this!
Do I have to just suck it up and pay the exorbitant price to have it fixed or should I check elsewhere to get a second opinion?
Thanks for your help or suggestions.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The part lists for $156 at Kia and can be found cheaper through kiaparts.com. Labor to install it is one hour so if your dealership price seems too high you can purchase the part yourself and go to a local garage and they should charge at max 1 hour labor to install it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts