Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here was good at photoshop or photo editing. I am not at all. I have a black Kia Soul and I want to put some green on it. I am trying to think of different paint schemes with green splashed on it. Would anyone be able to help post some concept pictures of various green/black paint schemes ? I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I was wondering if anyone here was good at photoshop or photo editing. I am not at all. I have a black Kia Soul and I want to put some green on it. I am trying to think of different paint schemes with green splashed on it. Would anyone be able to help post some concept pictures of various green/black paint schemes ? I really appreciate it.
Like EboniLM said, Marc is the one for the job! PM him, good luck with that ;) ...

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts

I would follow the swage line above the door handles with a 1" orange stripe tapered off by the headlight lower outer corner and tapering towards the back as it sweeps upward. Everything above that is lime green including the main roof panel and hood. Just put a discreet Go Daddy logo on the sides and you're ready to bump draft :) Keep the window surrounds original black though..........maybe add a window net?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had done this one a while ago but was thinking a wrap rather than a paint job but you get the idea...

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Can you post a pic or two of your Soul? I can do a generic Black Soul but you need to see it with your wheels on just to give you an idea... :)
I'm guessing you have a 2012 Soul / Sole, correct?

Thanks EboniLM, 2012 Kia Soul Titanium PR, Soul Sailor for the referral .

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I agree with MT-ED. Orange and Lime Green go hand in hand. Except, I do no think you should have the pillars lime green. That would be too much.
You do not want too much of a good thing.

Something simple:

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I like that idea as well Darklight...
Something simple and won't cost you an arm and a leg..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does anyone make the hockey strip stripe (I think that is what you call it) that goes around the back of the headlight like Marc drew it or even close? I have seen a lot of them but they all look way too narrow behind the headlight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome pics! Thanks for the ideas. Marc, I like that first picture you have. I would want the hood green as well though. Could you send a pic with the hood green too ? Also, maybe a pic with the roof green as well. I do love the orange idea.

And the wrap idea ? Is that cheaper than painting ?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Awesome pics! Thanks for the ideas. Marc, I like that first picture you have. I would want the hood green as well though. Could you send a pic with the hood green too ? Also, maybe a pic with the roof green as well. I do love the orange idea.

And the wrap idea ? Is that cheaper than painting ?
The entire hood green, or just the "Soul patch," the flat center of the hood? That's what's commonly done in the contrasting color. I do like where you're heading with this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have little talent with this stuff... But here is something I had in mind. I would want the orange strip wider but I was not going to attempt that...lol

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
have a look at the "ghost" special edition stripe.... see if that is what you want for thickness behind the headlights (obviously the colour isnt what you need tho).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
have a look at the "ghost" special edition stripe.... see if that is what you want for thickness behind the headlights (obviously the colour isnt what you need tho).
What is the "ghost" stripe and where I do I see it at ??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts