Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ama ex-soul owner (yippee) but am posting a video about "simoniz glass coat" that some kia dealers may have to protect your paint ... don't need to ever wax the car and can just rinse car rather than wash .....company has been around for quite some time - product comes with a 7 year warranty along with rental if you need to have car in for repairs.... my car looks awesome with this stuff and i am very happy that i will not have to ever wax it!! check the video and see how treated side of a hood looks after 100 car washes - pretty amazing

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Soul owners enjoy waxing their cars.... its nice touching that gorgeous shapely bodywork ..... can see why you wouldnt want to with a suzuki.....lol

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ lol i can if i want to but is not necessary and i would rather use my time doing something else and not have to worry about removing bird droppings asap anymore....

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Hope you enjoy it Klas...... the NHTSA are gonna miss you terribly.....they are already forecasting redundancys........lol

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ lol...can still send em referrals from here :D

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
dont tempt providence.......your Fiat/suzuki halfbreed has only just begun.....

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ good point but we say "don't tempt fate" here not providence lol... but based on the beginnings, i think it is safe to say that suzuki will be taking care of any/all problems and i won't need to try to elicit help to get warranty honored via the nhtsa etc - or at least i hope so anyway... and hey, it's past your bedtime so go to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!

ps - asked about that fiat thing and not so sure suzuki is a half breed here something changed but don't know what?

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
the SX4 is a joint venture with Fiat...... but luckily Fiat let suzuki do the bits they are good at, ie quality of construction and electrics...... so you should be fine. Basically Fiat just stick their engines and a badge in it and call it a Fiat and then let suzuki use the Fiat diesel engine in return.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i have been told about these paint treatments before. Apparently it actually chemically changes the paint into something much harder and tougher..... and thats a good thing. Quite what happens if you prang it and have a partial respray..... would you just have certain bits retreated?..... can you repaint over the treated paint?. I am pretty sure there is an Alien Soul on here with something similar done - and he raves about the finish.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
^^ have to ask again about fiat and really listen to answer this time b/c impression i got is that fiat really has nothing to do with their engine etc and was responsible for some bits or maybe they owned a part of em at one point - don't remember....

and they said newer paints are water based which are softer so was sold on making it harder and that if you damage one area then rest is supposedly fine etc.... also looks like i might be adding some wax after i speak with them about the streaky hood that i noticed at dusk last night.. not much information on the web about this stuff but did find some info about waxing to add even more protection which sounds like the way to go to me....

ps - logged off and realized i didn't answer question (getting old lol)... think you can repaint but believe you would need to prep car which is something they normally do to repaint any car so that new paint lasts, yes? also think you have to reapply to area that is repainted which is something they will cover if warranty related....

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Suzuki fit their own petrol engine..... if you get the diesel its the fiat engine. The car is built in hungary as a joint venture between Fiat and suzuki .

·
Registered
210 Posts
My first post on this forum. I'm a Meguairs and 3M guy so I use those products. But if you apply the 3M paint protection film, it keeps the chips off. Well worth the $250 CDN in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ welcome!! don't like being able to see the 3m and depending on angle/size of whatever hits hood then that stuff can be damaged and will need to be replaced etc.... fwtiw - i used to be a total meguairs person but after someone here recommended ice, i have to say that it definitely protected against chips much better than meguairs ever did and i plan to add a couple coats on top of glasscoat so finish will be very hard....

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
the film protection if fitted properly cant be seen unless within inches of the paintwork. My car has the entire nose done and nobody notices.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^ trust me, i notice.. saw the 3m instantly that kia uses on edges of back doors during purchase walk around... have also seen some real ratty looking ones too, but oh wait, this is a rat mobile we are talking about :laughonfloor

just playing with you all.... is a great looking car beyond any doubt.....

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i saw a Suzuki SX4 on the motorway yesterday in a mid blue..... looked quite nice...think it was 2006 reg..... looked to have lasted quite well.... didnt realise they had been on the roads that long.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ the first one i test drove was that year maybe a year younger and not one rattle which is what sold me.... although - could feel slight engine lag when going up hill in automatic so that convinced me to stay with manual....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Do you have to prep car for using Glass? I used a wax with polymers and used carnuba wax on top of it. Beads up nicely. I'd consider something harder if it's available.

Taking my Soul + for it's first checkup. Any innoculations due?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts