Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Paid my Kia soul off this morning. Thank the Good Lord. Now to wait on the title.
Take your saved money and invest......
Run SP / GF6 thick [email protected] - 5W30 Quaker State Syn or SN 5w40 Pennzoil Euro L oil in it. Change it no later than every 4K.
Don't let it get more than a half-quart low on the dipstick. Long live that engine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice not to have a car payment. After my free oil change at the dealer, I'm going to switch to Castrol full synthetic. Ordered a oil catch can today. When it comes, I'll install it when I get to feeling better. Been kind of under the weather lately.

·
Registered
2012 Soul Plus. Automatic, 2.0 engine
365 Posts
Paid ours off in 2017. Good feeling. Unfortunately had to replace my 2001 Astro after 18 years so back in harness again. Still good for you. Take care of it.

·
Premium Member
Co. foothills with a 2018 and 2012 Soul + Shadows
388 Posts
Paid off my 2012 (bought in 2015) just last year. I've only made 3 payments on my 2018 Plus I bought very recently. Now I'm back in debt for a car again.. heheheh

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,636 Posts
Paid my Kia soul off this morning. Thank the Good Lord. Now to wait on the title.
I paid mine off February 28. I called and emailed and emailed and called and I'm not sure I ever got a real human being. Just bots. After weeks of this I gave it up. In the last month I phoned again, after emailing them twice for no results, and girl #1 promised it would be in the mail el pronto el quicko. After a couple of weeks and SURPRISE!!!! no title, I called again. While on the phone I looked up the top of the chain of command of KIA USA and got one of the muckety-mucks, Bell I think, and emailed him a nastygram. The mail title referred to their utter incompetence or severe dysfunction.

I got a reply, quickly, saying that had been passed on to the appropriate person. Yeah. Meanwhile on the phone the girl said yes no problemo we'll get it in the mail el quicko el pronto. I got a phone call the next day from someone up the chain saying there was a "glitch" in my title and no it hadn't been mailed yet. She said she'd call the next day with the FedEx tracking number, yes sir it's going out via FedEx. Obviously not overnight.

Well, SURPRISE!!!! No call back for followup. So I called this babe and got the bots two times, gave my DOB and last four and whatever else they needed, then got switched and the bot wanted what I had just given them one minute ago repeated. So I repeated. Went nowhere. Don't recall if they disconnected or I hung up. Called her "direct line" again, got same bot with same questions. Hung up.

Called again, this time she answered. I said look I've been through the bots and your system is seriously dysfunctional, to put it kindly. SOOOO...she actually had a tracking number, surprise the FedEx was still down in the mail room somewhere so the tracker didn't work. I checked a couple of hours later and it was at the beginning of its journey. Supposed to arrive Monday. I'll believe that when I see it.

I've used KMF before but I WILL NEVER USE KMF AGAIN. They are effed up beyond all belief or reason. I told the VP or Prez or whoever I wrote that heads should roll and fires need to be lit under asses. I doubt that will happen, it's a bureaucracy and so nobody is responsible for anything.

Good damn luck on your title.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call your local dmv and explain the problem with the title. Don't know what state you live in but in VA. Loan companies notify dmv of lien release, dmv prints title and mails it to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts