Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Kia Soul 1.6 with automatic transmission 144,000 miles. So my Kia runs rough and stalls ONLY when the engine has reached it normal operating temperature. When the engine is cool it runs perfectly fine but once it warms up it will hesitate at acceleration from stop signs or red lights. If I’m cruising around the town or driving on the highway everything is fine.
P0191 is the code I get when I accelerate moderately from stop signs. I did replace both the Fuel pump in the tank and the High-Pressure-Fuel pump that sits near the top of the engine... any suggestion?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Fault can be the sensor/pump itself (new assy should had fixed that) or the wiring/connector associated with the sensor. Also, I assume that did replace the fuel filter too?

I don't have the diagram for the 2013, but on the 2011 (mine) and 2014 (online), the connection on the sensor side is identical. The ECM side is different.

2014:
Kia Soul: Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor (FTPS). Schematic Diagrams - Engine Control System - Engine Control / Fuel System - Kia Soul 2014-2019 PS Service Manual

2011:

PS: The images hosted on this forum are useless. They are down-scaled to the point of not making any sense. Will use an external hosting, but there they will be deleted eventually.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have you verified fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge?
Using a scan tool, have you checked what fuel pressure the rail sensor is reporting to the PCM?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the Fuel Rail Sensor by the injectors and also the Fuel Sensor on the fuel pump, both OEM. I’m replacing ignition coils soon and will keep you guys/gals updated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the BlueDriver scan tool and a basic Harbor Freight scanner and don’t give data on fuel pressure on the “high” pressure fuel pump or the fuel pump in the tank

·
Registered
2010, Kia Soul +, 5-spd
54 Posts
Check for a 5vlt ref on the connector for the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. also check the wiring going into that for any chafing or corrosion. If that sensor is good, since you replaced it, I would suspect a wiring issue myself.
(i did read that you already replaced the sensor)

·
Registered
2010, Kia Soul +, 5-spd
54 Posts
Also, you may want to try replacing the FUEL pressure regulator itself. that code also goes with that as well

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife said she saw a black smoke cloud in the rear when she drove on the highway. This happened soon after I used the CRC GDI cleaner and waited an hour for the cleaner to soak the intakes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts