Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember this thread of our "old" 2014 Soul 1.6 6MT: http://www.kiasoulforums.com/4-new-member-introductions/27114-new-club-2014-soul-base-model.html

While we really enjoyed the base Soul and came away consistently impressed by just how good it was for a stripper car, my fiance made the unfortunate mistake of "looking" at a flashy new 2015 Caribbean Blue Soul while our 2014 was in for it's 2nd service. Long story short, we returned the next day to crunch numbers and walked away with a 2015 for about $90/mo more than what we were paying on our base model. We originally wanted a bright blue or orange car, but sadly Kia's color palette on the 2014 Soul was pretty lackluster overall and the red and yellow were no where to be found when we were originally in the market. The bright blue is a nice addition IMO.

For those not in the know, the Caribbean Blue Soul is a special edition package on the mid-level + model. It's essentially just well-equipped + model with a few (mainly cosmetic) differences, such as:

- Exclusive Caribbean Blue paint
- Color matched bumpers (vs. of black)
- Matte blue interior trim on the lower console and doors
- Black seats w/ blue houndstooth inserts and blue stitching
- 18" graphite grey alloy wheels
- Fog lights
- LED taillights
- Projector headlights w/ glowing white LED accent strip at the top

We've only had it for about 48 hours, but so far we love the upgraded audio and nav unit, the greater HP/TQ - which is really noticeable from a stop, and also little touches like the lighting throughout (e.g. red LED door lights, speaker lights, exterior LEDs and fogs). Our 2014 didn't have so much as a hiccup in the year we had it so I'm hoping our luck holds out and the 2015 is just as reliable. The ride is slightly firmer going from 16" to 18" wheels/tires, but it seems to hug the curves better in routine driving. Only time will tell if we miss the manual.

A few quick cell phone shots (sorry for the quality):

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Looks good. I didn't know the lights above the headlights weren't the jewel-style like in the Exclaim. Cool. Congrats and good luck.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
very nice - so your fiance is now paying the extra $90 a month :applause:

The Caribbean Blue is a standard colour on 2015 Soul's in Canada.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Awesome color. Congrats. When they make a SE in the Exclaim trim I will be VERY tempted....

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,091 Posts
Awesome! Congrats!!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Is that an optical delusion or does the blue flip-flop to green in certain light as I see a greenish hue on the right front bumpers corner?
The blue seat inserts liven up an otherwise lackluster upholstery, b.t.w.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Not a fan of blue cars but the Caribbean color on the Soul looks great and I'm surprised I like the blue accent interior. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,640 Posts
Kewl and congratulations. The more pleasant drivability of the 2.0 vs. the 1.6 really made it worthwhile for me to upgrade to a +, though the base model was very cool and absolutely trouble-free. Like yours.

Reactions: tampa8

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Colors, or the lack of them, is about the only thing keeping me from pursuing a deal on a 2014/2015.
I love the veloster or kias own forte, burnt orange (much nicer than the ignition), would love to see the red rock canyon color back in the lineup or see the moss make a comeback (my current color) for another swing in the ring!
While the blue looks nice my kidneys could not take the bone jarring ride of the 18in wheels and my L5 would surely protest loudly as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that an optical delusion or does the blue flip-flop to green in certain light as I see a greenish hue on the right front bumpers corner?
The blue seat inserts liven up an otherwise lackluster upholstery, b.t.w.
Not an optical illusion. The blue does has a fair bit of green undertone to it. To me it looks like what you would get if you mixed equal parts of the blue on the Kia Optima with one part of the teal you can get on the Honda CR-Z. It's definitely more blue than green.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Not an optical illusion. The blue does has a fair bit of green undertone to it. To me it looks like what you would get if you mixed equal parts of the blue on the Kia Optima with one part of the teal you can get on the Honda CR-Z. It's definitely more blue than green.

The caribbean blue seems a most appropriate name for that color!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Colors, or the lack of them, is about the only thing keeping me from pursuing a deal on a 2014/2015.
I love the veloster or kias own forte, burnt orange (much nicer than the ignition), would love to see the red rock canyon color back in the lineup or see the moss make a comeback (my current color) for another swing in the ring!
While the blue looks nice my kidneys could not take the bone jarring ride of the 18in wheels and my L5 would surely protest loudly as well.
I honestly doubt the ride is any worse than a 2012 model with 15 or 16" wheels, and even if it was, I am sure many Soul owners would be willing to trade you their 16" or 17" wheels/tires and even pay you a bit on top of it. I agree with you about orange, but personally would love to see a bright, non-metallic orange like Subaru uses on the XV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks for all the welcoming comments.

I've already ordered the following:

- Remote Start
- 6" white offset racing stripe

I'm also thinking of having the side view mirror vinyl wrapped in glossy white to match the racing stripe, but might try plastidip first just to see if I like the look. And I have some blue brake caliper paint we never used on our white 2014 Soul. I'm worried that the slightly different blue on the brakes might clash with the Caribbean Blue paint....decisions, decisions. :D

Let the modding begin!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I honestly doubt the ride is any worse than a 2012 model with 15 or 16" wheels, and even if it was, I am sure many Soul owners would be willing to trade you their 16" or 17" wheels/tires and even pay you a bit on top of it. I agree with you about orange, but personally would love to see a bright, non-metallic orange like Subaru uses on the XV.

Absolutely love those wheels.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats.... I know how you feel. Your story sounds the same as mine as I had my 14 in for service and drove home the 15 Blue.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Lol. I did that same thing but drove in with my 2013 base for it's 5K service and drove out with a 2014 base. Same payments though but my 2013 was paid off!!! It's bad looking around waiting for service to be done. :culpability:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts