Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,651 Posts
Congrats, ratrod. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Thats the first Tarmac edition I have seen.
Man does it look great.
Love the wheels and all black treatment.
Kia finally got a special edition right this time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the compliments.
We went to the Kia dealer and started looking at Souls about 3 weeks ago. It seems that every dealer around here had just 1 of these in stock. We were initially looking for a ! model. After looking around at a bunch of dealers and comparing prices we were drawn over and over again to this Tarmac edition.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
welcome, I hadn't heard of that package till I just checked KIA's site, at first I thought it was a play on words. :sneakiness:

TIP: don't forget to fill out your Drive details (settings/edit profile)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice congrats! I test drove one and loved everything about it except the rough ride of the 18-inch wheels. To be fair, when the road was smooth and curvy, those wheels were sure-footed (my test drive loop included some mountain roads) and I agonized making a decision between the Tarmac and the Exclaim (17-inch wheels).

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I saw a photo and a article on the special edition Tarmac.
Now it seems that every Kia dealer nearby has one on the lot.
As I previously posted,Kia has done fine job on a tasteful design
with the Tarmac. I really like dark tone on the wheels.
However,the asking price is a bit over 26k for a + with body adds from last year's
red zone,tinted wheels and some red stitching of the usual cloth seats.
Pricing in the 25k category puts this Soul in a huge amount of competition.

The overall value just does not add up to me.
Looks good ,though...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice congrats! I test drove one and loved everything about it except the rough ride of the 18-inch wheels. To be fair, when the road was smooth and curvy, those wheels were sure-footed (my test drive loop included some mountain roads) and I agonized making a decision between the Tarmac and the Exclaim (17-inch wheels).

Enjoy!
I had planned to test drive a Soul with the smaller wheels and compare the ride. But after test driving the one with 18's we were impressed and never even drove another one.
I guess after driving a 1998 Honda CRV with 300,000 miles on it , the Soul with the 18" wheels and low profile tires was still a much nicer ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw a photo and a article on the special edition Tarmac.
Now it seems that every Kia dealer nearby has one on the lot.
As I previously posted,Kia has done fine job on a tasteful design
with the Tarmac. I really like dark tone on the wheels.
However,the asking price is a bit over 26k for a + with body adds from last year's
red zone,tinted wheels and some red stitching of the usual cloth seats.
Pricing in the 25k category puts this Soul in a huge amount of competition.

The overall value just does not add up to me.
Looks good ,though...
I liked the fact that it came with led tail lights, projector headlights , and the designer pattern seats with the red stitching. It was still cheaper than a fully loaded exclaim model.
The sticker price 25,650 but I ended up talking them down to a drive out price after taxes and all of 23,200 .

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
Congrats! Very nice! :drool

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,544 Posts
That's awesome, I just took possession of mine on the 5th of this month, it is an awesome auto, pictures coming soon, earl
Welcome Earl! Can't wait to see some shots of your new Tarmac Soul. It's a cool looking edition (addition).

You have excellent taste.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,544 Posts
Glad to have you join us ratarod! What an great looking Soul. Thanks for sharing a photo.

What are your impressions so far? Are you glad you decided to go NEW?

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great looking wheels! I just got a 2016 Caribbean Blue, but they had a Tarmac on the lot, but the family wanted the Blue. You have a hot car and those wheels I would kill for. Best of luck with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts