Caliper Covers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 White Turbo
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2021 Turbo. White with red accents.

Backstory... This is our third Soul, owning each generation, so I'm aware of its' econobox heritage. The Turbo sits in a strange place though. Econobox loaded to the gills with a sporty nature. How many "cheap" cars give you HUD, wireless charging, and a heated steering wheel? Anyway...

I'd like to add a bit more red to the car and caliper covers would do the job nicely. Here's the rub. Do caliper covers on a car with this heritage look boy racer? I like the stock gun metal gray wheels so they are staying. The spokes would hide a fair amount of the caliper anyway. I painted the calipers on a Mustang once and they looked OK, not great, but OK.

I'm 63 years old and recently traded off the GTI manual. Loved the car but my back and I are having a disagreement and it's winning. It was black and the red calipers looked great! A GTI deserves red calipers, but does a Soul?

Thanks for your opinions.

Marty in Kerrville

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
A rattle can of Duplicolor High Temp Caliper paint, will do the job nicely.
It's inexpensive and they'll look great.

I'm not sure this was even on my Soul, and not my Suzuki SX4, but the result is the same.
I masked off the calipers with damp paper towels.
For any DIY guy, it's just a few minutes of fun on a warm sunny day.
The calipers have to air cool, so don't cover them.
Cheers mates!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking at the MGP caliper covers on my Gravity Grey turbo. The fact that they are metal and you can get the flying k emblem etched into them is a plus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts